Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would it take for the Cincinnati to get an MLB All-Star game?

What would it take for the Cincinnati to get an MLB All-Star game?

Cincinnati in my opinion is a good once to host the all star game. Restaurants on the banks, good food, remodeled fountain square, new ballpark, who shouldn't want to see homeruns fly into the river? Downtown is hot right now, or at least getting there in a couple years to host one.I don't see why notI

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What would it take for the Cincinnati to get an MLB All-Star game?

It looks like it's a matter of the organization bidding to receive the game. The Reds last hosted the game in 1988. Here is some info on upcoming games via our friends at Wikipedia.

The venue for each All-Star Game is chosen by a MLB selection committee. The chosen venue may be based on the opening of a new field, a historical occasion, or to commemorate a significant year. The New York Mets are bidding for the 2013 All-Star Game in their new ballpark, Citi Field, which was opened in 2009; the Mets have not hosted the All-Star Game since 1964, the longest drought in All-Star history. The Minnesota Twins are bidding for the 2014 game for Target Field.[2] The Chicago Cubs are also bidding for the 2014 game for the centennial of Wrigley Field. The Miami Marlins and the Washington Nationals are bidding for the 2015 game.

GABP would be perfect for the Home Run Derby
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

Quite honestly, I can't believe that GABP has been open for almost 10 years and we haven't gotten one yet. PNC and Miller both got an All-star game shortly after those parks opened.

Seems that be should be due for one...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was going to say a new Park but thanks for reminding me Fireball. GABP is only 10 years old and to be honest, I've never heard wind of CIN ever being in the running. The NL Central bias is crazy (except Bud's MIL love) and this is just another piece of proof. I know STL got the game during BIII's 4th season (2009) but some franchises have been waiting a lot longer than CIN has. I was shocked to read this on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ar_Game_venues

Heck of a list and shows in multiple places that Cincinnati has a logical case to move up onto the short list for a game soon.

No ASG at currect stadium, 2nd after Tampa Bay.
    24 years since ASG has been there, 6th on list when you take KC off the list.

It would be nice to get it there, the Home Run Derby would be a blast (pun intended)

Hopefully the Reds can get one in the next 5 or so years, in what still could be considered a relatively "new" ballpark. I can't imagine the derby records that could be set in there.........

Keep putting a winning club on the field prob wouldn't hurt either, it would make it more of a popular choice among fans.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

I believe they will get one again if kansas city is getting one this year then Cincinnati deserves one.

Why not just have a rotation? Every ball club should get one. Obviously not all ballparks are built the same but the NHL All Star game is coming to Columbus next season if that is any consolation.

Prayer,or a new ball park.Cincinnati had a chance to build something special after Riverfront was torn down.Instead some bland ball park with the obligatory baseball smoke stacks.

2019...for baseball's 150th anniversary!

I can see that as an option^.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

They are really going to wish they had put in a retractable roof park. If they had they probably would've had one by now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Why not just have a rotation? Every ball club should get one. Obviously not all ballparks are built the same but the NHL All Star game is coming to Columbus next season if that is any consolation.
    The rotation thing is a good theory but MLB will never go for it. You only have to look at Tampa Bay for the reason why, even with playoff caliber teams - the people don't show up! It's sad but true, between the stadium not being great and the city not giving a hoot about baseball, and there being no ML tradition; the ASG will probably not be in Tampa any time soon.

CIN should get it in the next 3-5 years IMO but the city will have to sell it. Chicago is trying to sell Wrigley Field for it's centenial season so what can CIN come up with? What year was MLB started in CIN? When did they win their first WS title? I got most of these answers off wikipedia:

/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Reds

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ball_champions

The Reds started and stopped a few times in the 1800's, they also had the last professional perfect season in 1869:

In 1869, the Red Stockings posted a perfect 57-0 record, so far the only perfect season in baseball history.
    and they won their 1st Ws in 1919:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1919_World_Series

I know it's 7 years out from today, but the community needs to 'rally around the flag and make this a goal, to put it in The Queen City for the centenial and sesqui centennial of these milestones in your history.

End rant, sorry 'bout that but I got on a roll

To rotate the ASG, it would only come around once every 30 years and that wouldn't work either. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post
    The rotation thing is a good theory but MLB will never go for it. You only have to look at Tampa Bay for the reason why, even with playoff caliber teams - the people don't show up! It's sad but true, between the stadium not being great and the city not giving a hoot about baseball, and there being no ML tradition; the ASG will probably not be in Tampa any time soon.

CIN should get it in the next 3-5 years IMO but the city will have to sell it. Chicago is trying to sell Wrigley Field for it's centenial season so what can CIN come up with? What year was MLB started in CIN? When did they win their first WS title? I got most of these answers off wikipedia:

/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Reds

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ball_champions

The Reds started and stopped a few times in the 1800's, they also had the last professional perfect season in 1869:

and they won their 1st Ws in 1919:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1919_World_Series

I know it's 7 years out from today, but the community needs to 'rally around the flag and make this a goal, to put it in The Queen City for the centenial and sesqui centennial of these milestones in your history.

End rant, sorry 'bout that but I got on a roll

To rotate the ASG, it would only come around once every 30 years and that wouldn't work either. JMHO
    LOL.. I'd be shocked if they tried to get the All-Star game based on the 100 year anniversary 1919 World Series, you know, Cincinnati's golden son, Pete, had a little, uhh.. Problem?
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

I thought the point of getting the Civil Rights game was to show that they could host a big game setting like the all-star game but so far it hasn't done much good.

Turn Off Ads?