Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cooperstown

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Cooperstown

Just got to Cooleys. We are drinking and eating here. Bartender said that they were supposed to get DirecTV on Thursday, but they messed up. The bartender says no other bar is likely to have it. I guess I will just have to follow on my phone...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Have fun guys, I wanted to be there but poor planning and all. I guess I'll have to wait until Votto is inducted.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Just got to Cooleys. We are drinking and eating here. Bartender said that they were supposed to get DirecTV on Thursday, but they messed up. The bartender says no other bar is likely to have it. I guess I will just have to follow on my phone...
    I was there earlier.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

What is the cub fan to reds fan ratio? I have my fears the bad guys have more.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

It's not close. Every third person is wearing Reds gear. More Yankee fans than Cub fans. At least that's how it was yesterday.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Today its about even.

Anyone going to watch the parade?

Just got to the hotel in Little Falls. Heading to Cooperstown shortly. We might go to the parade. Never been here before so not sure what to expect.

You'll want to park in a trolley lot and ride into town. Very little parking. There is a trolley lot next to the Fenimore museum, and one on Glen and Maple, if that helps.

Thanks for the advice I'm sure it will be helpful.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

We are going to the parade. Having a beer at TJs Place now. Any suggestions of good places to watch the parade?

I'm having a beer @ All aAmerican Cafe, and I'm sitting at the rail, kind of in front of the Wax Museum. The street is filling up quickly, but you guys should still be able to find space.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 07-21-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Parade was cool. Getting some food and a beer at TJ's Place.

I'll head over there in a bit.

I'm the guy in the black Cincinnati shirt with the blue folding chair.

Turn Off Ads?