Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cooperstown

Re: Cooperstown

The only time Reds and Cubs fans have agreed is when we all booed Tony Larussa.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I dont think the handful of Cardinal fans within earshot of me enjoyed that too much haha. This induction ceremony has been really well done to this point. The Santo video was great.

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Eric Davis talkin' trash about the BRM!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Larkin's speech was a Reds fanboy's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Im not a fan of the dude, but is this pic really necessary?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Larkin's speech was a Reds fanboy's dream.
    I was enthralled; it was a walk down Main Street, Cincinnati, from 1972 or so to the year 2000.

It was really cool that 2 guys were inducted who were all in for the towns they played for- Santo was more of a Chicago guy than anyone who came from there, and Larkin paid tribute to all the Cincinnati guys- from Rose to Parker to even the Stowe family and Buddy Bell.

It's obvious the effect Eric Davis had on Larkin, and the love he has for Eric. It did not occur to me until tonight that he never mentioned Junior a single time. I have no problem with that, it's just interesting to me, since Lark was stressing the Cincinnati angle. And Junior went to the same high school Barry did- Moeller.

Larkin's and Griffey's years together weren't really the best of times. Understandable he didn't mention him. I'm trying to blot those years from my memory as well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Larkin's and Griffey's years together weren't really the best of times. Understandable he didn't mention him. I'm trying to blot those years from my memory as well.
    As am I; like I said, it's just an interesting observation.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Barry Larkin delivered for 19 years in a Reds uniform.

Today, he delievered again.

His speech was very Barry Larkin. Classy, humble, and not about himself.

Congrats, Barry. I'm a very proud Reds fan today.

Selig was booed pretty heavily too. I wonder how much of that was from Reds fans due to Pete?
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Selig was booed pretty heavily too. I wonder how much of that was from Reds fans due to Pete?
    I think a lot. Would have loved to see Bud's face when Barry was thanking Pete.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Sounds like it was an awesome day in Cooperstown for our guy Barry! Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts and experiences here and I look forward to seeing your pictures.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

So what was the percentage of Reds/Cubs fans?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Someday I will go to the induction when Pete or Junior or Davey or another Red gets inducted. It just has to be when I'm retired and have the time. And Barry was Barry. Just fantastic.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?