Welcome to the third season of the League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty!
Time to get the ball rolling for another action-packed year of fantasy baseball excitement.
Yahoo fantasy baseball is going to open on Thursday, February 9th. I will start up the league on that date. Each of you should receive an email from Yahoo asking you to register and claim your team, so be sure to check the email account you used to sign up last year.
Once everyone gets registered for the league I will be able to add all our players to our rosters. I will need to know which 30 players you want to keep. You might have had more than 30 players at the end of the season if you had players on the Disabled List. I will be sending you PMs here on Redszone this evening. In the message will be your full roster, so just tell me which guys you want to cut to get down to 30 players. I will need your reply by Thursday of this week.
We will have a 5 round draft again this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin sometime around March 5th-15th like we did last year. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft. Last year only a few team owners made a pick in all 5 rounds. Most people selected 4 players.
Season 3 Draft Order:
1) Vada Pinson Fan
5) New Owner (most likely Crosley68)
10) Captain Hook
12) Plus Plus (new owner)
1. You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
3. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds.
4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
5. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
8. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.
9. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings.
10. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.
11. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.
12. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.
2012 Waiver Priority:
Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings (same as the draft order).
Everyone is encouraged to post in this thread. Please share your thoughts, concerns, smack talk, banter and trade ideas so we can all discuss them as a group. An active league is a fun league.
Can't wait to get started!
-- Atomic Dumpling