Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duke/UNC

Re: Duke/UNC

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    For the record, I'm not a Kentucky fan at all. I'm actually a Carolina alum and can't stand Kentucky. But I think UK is clearly the most talented team in the country.
    That's great. Kentucky has been and remains an outstanding program. They routinely attract and sign some of the best prep basketball players in the country. However, they have 0 titles in the last 10 years to show for it. Perhaps 2012 will be their year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Duke/UNC

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm not disputing that UNC and Duke don't have talent. They do. Neither team played defense and it showed. Even Dick Vitale, the biggest ACC homer on the planet, commented on it.

I don't know if you have followed Kentucky since they beat UNC by 1 earlier this season at Rupp, but minus the IU game the following week, they have improved considerably. I don't really know that UNC has, especially the 30+ point meltdown in Tallahassee. As of right now, they are projected as a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, a far cry for a team ranked number one to start the season.

As for Duke, its live and die by the three, similar to Florida. The only thing that scares me with Duke is the tendency for young players to be starstruck, especially at Kentucky with the Laettner shot etched in everybody's mind. Kentucky overlooked West Virginia two years ago to get to Duke and paid the price for it in the Elite Eight.
    All fair points my friend.

Turn Off Ads?