Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We All Have Something In Common..

Re: We All Have Something In Common..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think John McEnroe explains it best:

You Can Not Be Serious! - YouTube

I would make a recommendation to the mods that it must be a requirement to have watched at least one of the Godfathers before entrance is gained into The Old Red Guard.
    Let's not be so hasty. One of the FIRST TWO Godfather movies. Nothing with Sofia Coppola or Andy Garcia please.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Let's not be so hasty. One of the FIRST TWO Godfather movies. Nothing with Sofia Coppola or Andy Garcia please.
    Agreed. Lets also make an amendment to act as if the 3rd Godfather movie never happened. Sofia Coppola who?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Well, it's that time of year again. The Super Bowl is over and most of the serious MLB winter trading is complete. We're counting the days until pitchers and catchers report and we're so anxious we bicker with anyone who'll stay engaged just for something to do. It's part of the yearly sports cycle...just relax and try not to give in to the urge to bite each other's heads off.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I think you're forgetting the massive arguments (and egos) of past posters here on Redszone. If you didn't explain your numbers around M2 or Steel, you were torn apart.
    You rang?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    You rang?
    Zing...!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    yaY civilitY
    Witty signature.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Sonny: What the hell is this?

You rang?

Clemenza: It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.
    sorry we're boring

You rang?
    Dude!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    We all love the Reds! We love them with a passion. We wouldn't of joined this forum if we didn't. So why do we have to pick and prod at individuals? Individuals who have a point of view just like you and me! Some people type differently and shouldn't be pin point for trying to express a creative side to them. Trust me folks it doesn't make your eyes bleed. Old Red Guard used to be frequented with at least 75-90 people constantly an im sure it will get near that come mid spring. But, it used to be fun here.. Getting Reds Hot Stove reports from Chip. BCubbs rants. Krusty's Trades. OnBaseMachines brilliance. DougDirts amazing minor league coverage.. Kid is really special. Lately it's become an all out diva-esc affair with people clamming over my stat tops your view or my knowledge and winning percentage trumps your saber metrics. Who cares. Why does everything have to be a debate? Most of the constant posters here have an advantage with the moderators here. I don't know if the mods are afraid to get pick on or what but the mods in return allow some of those gifted posters an easy way out and look the other way. You know it's true.. Don't send your PM's.

Instead let's get back to baseball! For some of you die hard fans who realize Spring Training starts next week and are über excited for the upcoming year like myself. I think if the moderators want to pull a Walt Jocketty of 2010-2011 and just sit on their hands and continue to let this banter continue then they won't have a firm grasp on the site. But if the turn in to this offseasons Walt Jocketty and prove to the followers they want to bring Championship caliber forum reading and atmosphere back to threads they'll stand up and take initiative. Make this site about baseball again and end all the little petty stuff that goes on here.
    Amen dude. Great post.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I miss Steel and Raisor...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I miss Steel and Raisor...
    so do I.

Especially Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    so do I.

Especially Raisor

You rang?
    I did.

Your opinions on the Reds (and defense of said positions) is needed, sir.

Pick up the red courtesy phone and reply.

You rang?
    wow, it's like opening the shower door and Bobby Ewing is standing there.

to quote Raisor... Dude!
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?