Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

part of BBN

Re: Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    10 points, 13 assists ... Sat out a good portion of the fourth quarter as it was a blowout and he played 43 minutes last night.
    Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lin has had a few very good games, and the fans at MSG are going nuts for the kid, chanting MVP.

Imagine how huge LeBron would've been had he chosen the Knicks. He'd own NY.

At least he doesn't have to pay income tax in Florida while he plays in front of less than capacity crowds. Although it does look like he'll get his championship this year.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

At least he doesn't have to pay income tax in Florida while he plays in front of less than capacity crowds. Although it does look like he'll get his championship this year.
    What has James done this year to show that he won't choke again? As I recall, he spent most of the 2011 finals running away from the ball.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    What has James done this year to show that he won't choke again? As I recall, he spent most of the 2011 finals running away from the ball.
    Nobody is good enough to win "The Big One" ... until they do.

Lin is playing in the Rising Stars Challenge game on All Star weekend. I bet the ratings are almost as good for that game as they will be for the All Star game.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Lin is playing in the Rising Stars Challenge game on All Star weekend. I bet the ratings are almost as good for that game as they will be for the All Star game.
    The NBA quickly got him involved in the weekend's events. I'm really amazed at how this has taken off.

Funny line from a column on Grantland:

In other Lin news, the NBA added him to the roster for the Rising Stars Challenge, which features the best rookie and second-year players in the league. Shaq and Charles Barkley were in charge of drafting the teams, and Lin was picked third, behind Blake Griffin and Kyrie Irving. Or, as they'll be known from now on, Hakeem Olajuwon and Sam Bowie.
    Last edited by NJReds; 02-17-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Lin has had a few very good games, and the fans at MSG are going nuts for the kid, chanting MVP.

Imagine how huge LeBron would've been had he chosen the Knicks. He'd own NY.

You must of read the Sports Guy's mailbag.......
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Melo expected back either tonight or Sunday. JR Smith signed today. Baron Davis back probably by March 10th.

Lin, Smith, Melo, Amare, and Chandler w/ Novak, Fields, Shumpert and Davis off bench. Knicks have gotten dangerous. A lot of Ifs, but if they come together they could put scare in either Heat or Bulls.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    You must of read the Sports Guy's mailbag.......
    I did. But I was thinking about it while watching the garden erupt the other night before I read that particular column. It's not a secret that Miami is a subpar town in terms of sports fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Melo expected back either tonight or Sunday. JR Smith signed today. Baron Davis back probably by March 10th.

Lin, Smith, Melo, Amare, and Chandler w/ Novak, Fields, Shumpert and Davis off bench. Knicks have gotten dangerous. A lot of Ifs, but if they come together they could put scare in either Heat or Bulls.
    Heard on FAN that Melo will not be back tonight. JR will be with the team, but won't suit up until Sunday's game w/the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    IMO, baseball had something much bigger than Linsanity back in the 70s. And half the Linsanity pub is due to it being the New York market. Think 70s baseball for a minute. See if you can come up with it.
    Fred Lynn was a big deal in '75. ROY, MVP

I haven't watched the NBA in 15 years. Now I am reading about it everyday and if the Knicks are on TV I want to watch it. I need some kind of alert to let me know when they are on.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2 points, 5 TOs ... Knicks down 10 to the Hornets in the first.

Played great against the mavericks...a lot of fun to watch.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Steve Novak was on the Dwayne Wade Marquette team that knocked off #1 Kentucky in the 2003 elite 8. In Marquette's first Big East game ever. Novak had 41 points and 16 rebounds in the Warriors upset of #2 Connecticut in 2005.

Turn Off Ads?