Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • RHP Alejandro Chacin

0 0%
  • RHP Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • 2B Brandon Dailey

0 0%
  • LHP Matt Fairel

0 0%
  • LHP Ismael Guillon

1 2.78%
  • RHP Drew Hayes

4 11.11%
  • RHP Josh Judy

11 30.56%
  • LHP Chris Manno

2 5.56%
  • IF Juan Perez

2 5.56%
  • UT Cody Puckett

2 5.56%
  • RHP Dan Renken

4 11.11%
  • LHP Tanner Robles

0 0%
  • RHP Sal Romano

4 11.11%
  • RHP Dan Tuttle

2 5.56%
  • IF Chris Valaika

3 8.33%
  • other (please list below)

1 2.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #33 prospect?

Might need to start giving Alejandro Chacin a look... 34/7 k/bb in 22 IP in the AZL as a 17/18 year old.

Erik Miller also bears mentioning... Pretty extreme groundball pitcher from the looks of it. 26/1 k:bb ratio in 31.1 IP @ Billings

Also... This organization needs a few bats.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    You don't think Dunn's hitting talent had a little bit to do with his athletic talent?

No, Billy Hamilton's football resume doesn't make him a better baseball player. That's not the point. The point is that his football ability reflects his athletic ability. And with Billy Hamilton, athletic ability is the whole ball of wax.
    His hitting ability had to do with his athleticism, not anything to do with him being a quarterback at the University of Texas.

My point is, particularly with a pitcher, what his athleticism on the football field was, has very little bearing on his ability on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Also... This organization needs a few bats.
    I wouldn't look at it that way. The truth is that there's a lot more certainty when it comes to hitters than pitchers in terms of development. A top positional prospect has stats that are far more likely to project and remain consistant going forward, whilst lower-ranked pitching prospects are more likely to have breakout seasons and move up than positional prospects.

Went with Judy here, btw. The stats have been pretty consistent, he's there, he has a clear role, and he has the stuff to make it. That's more than we can say for most of the guys left.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    I wouldn't look at it that way. The truth is that there's a lot more certainty when it comes to hitters than pitchers in terms of development. A top positional prospect has stats that are far more likely to project and remain consistant going forward, whilst lower-ranked pitching prospects are more likely to have breakout seasons and move up than positional prospects.
    Not that I necessarily disagree, but I was just curious if you had any data to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Not that I necessarily disagree, but I was just curious if you had any data to back that up.
    It would take some searching, but I'm basing it off a chart in an article or earlier thread I viewed. That said, there's some evidence in that all of our prospects that we ranked 39-50 last season were pitchers, and that was at a time we were strapped for quality pitching prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    It would take some searching, but I'm basing it off a chart in an article or earlier thread I viewed. That said, there's some evidence in that all of our prospects that we ranked 39-50 last season were pitchers, and that was at a time we were strapped for quality pitching prospects.
    It makes sense that we would go on a run of pitchers here. At this point, most hitters who have shown something have already shown up. While a lot of pitchers who could be solid or better bullpen arms are still out there.

Turn Off Ads?