Turn Off Ads?

Thread: JohnnySmith at it again

JohnnySmith at it again

For those of you that have seen this guys tweets, he has made several claims to Reds deals, some right and some wrong. He called Cozart being called up, and claimed a big trade was on the way a day or two before the Latos deal. Now he has a new one:

< https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnySmith28>

He claims Homer and Fransico are being traded to Toronto for Thames, and Oswalt will be signed. I suggest take it with a grain of salt, but he has been on track in the past. Eho knows...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: JohnnySmith at it again

He's been wrong more than he's been right.

Link doesn't work for me.

You have to OMIT the > at the end of the link.

This trade makes no sense.. Why would the reds trade their future 3rd basemen for another outfielder?

Not been on here long enough to be familiar with Johnny, but unless the Reds are getting back some great prospects, the trade would make no sense.

He's an attention *****. What credibility does he actually have? Who is he?
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Gary Redus Ruled

Well I think Thames is a nice player at age 25 but there'd have to be more than that coming back at least prospect wise if this is a salary move to get Oswalt. Doesnt make sense with Heisey and Ludwick though. Wheres Thames playing?
    Hoping for another Reds October

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    He's an attention *****. What credibility does he actually have? Who is he?
    Well...thanks for the heads up. As a "rookie" on here, it's nice to know who has credibility/lacks it, but this one (trade rumor) was so bizarre that I couldn't imagine it being true.

I Just don't see this going anywhere. John Fay said yesterday after talking to walt there is nothing else in the mix right now and we plan on reporting to camp with the roster we already have in place. 1 month ago this might have been understandable with the reds getting alittle more in return.

If this is true (hightly doubtful), then the trade probably isn't so much to bolster the Reds as it is to free up money for Oswalt. You'd need to look at it as a deal of Fransicso and Homer for Thames, Oswalt, and prospects.
    Sto Pro Veritate

It doesn't make sense for either team, outside of us signing Oswalt. You could argue that just the trade part makes less sense for the Jays than it does for the Reds. They have already been forced to move Bautista to LF because of Brett Lawrie manning 3rd. The only spot other than left and 3rd Francisco would play is DH, and that is where EE and Adam Lind reside. Laugh all you want, but EE has been pretty productive for them. Long story short, there is no spot for Francisco in Toronto in the short term or long term.

This is the year

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post
    their future 3rd basemen?
    i sure hope not

Turn Off Ads?