Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did Eisenhower Meet With Aliens in 1954?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Did Eisenhower Meet With Aliens in 1954?

I think there's a part of most of us that kind of wants to buy into conspiracy theories. Reality is just too darn boring sometimes.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

IMO, extraterrestrial life is a foregone conclusion. I think we will discover it sometime within the next generation in our very own solar system, albeit in a microbial/viral form rather than a full-blown alien intelligence. The real question is self-aware, intelligent alien life. I believe wholeheartedly that is out there too somewhere in the vastness of the universe, but we may never encounter it due to that same vastness.

What I have a hard time believing is that such an alien intelligence exists in close enough proximity to our insignificant little corner of the universe to pay us a visit. Odds are, if there is another advanced intelligent life form out there, it formed so far away from our solar system that they are blissfully unaware that we even exist. Conversely, if they are aware of our existence and capable of traveling the millions of light years to reach us, they probably regard us as nothing more than base animals that aren't even worth the effort to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I don't think people who believe in aliens visiting have any real idea just how huge space really is. It's so unlikely the chances are basically zero.
    But they're not traveling through space, they're traveling through time. They're evolved humans from the future. That's why they look basically like us (two arms, two legs, etc). Their craniums are bigger, that follows the evolutionary pattern.

Besides, all you'd need is a wormhole, which shouldn't be that hard given that the timeframes involved are of the same scale as the distances. What will human technology look like in a million years, given what we've accomplished in the last 200? A million years is blink of an eye on a cosmic scale. An alien civilization might have a several billion year head start on us.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    But they're not traveling through space, they're traveling through time. They're evolved humans from the future. That's why they look basically like us (two arms, two legs, etc). Their craniums are bigger, that follows the evolutionary pattern.

Besides, all you'd need is a wormhole, which shouldn't be that hard given that the timeframes involved are of the same scale as the distances. What will human technology look like in a million years, given what we've accomplished in the last 200? A million years is blink of an eye on a cosmic scale. An alien civilization might have a several billion year head start on us.
    I can understand moving ahead in time but I'm not so sure one can move backwards in time.

The urge to hug a departed loved one again or prevent atrocities are among the compelling reasons that keep the notion of time travel alive in the minds of many.

While the idea makes for great fiction, some scientists now say traveling to the past is impossible...
    There are a handful of scenarios that theorists have suggested for how one might travel to the past, said Brian Greene, author of the bestseller, “The Elegant Universe” and a physicist at Columbia University.“And almost all of them, if you look at them closely, brush up right at the edge of physics as we understand it. Most of us think that almost all of them can be ruled out.”
    http://www.livescience.com/1339-trav...cientists.html

I don't think that's it. All the human experimentation (alien abduction) doesn't jive with the future human theory. If they are from our future then they already know about us as it is archived to be sure. All they need do is consult their "files". Or if they really want to see how 20th or 21st century human operate they could clone us from some DNA that I'm sure was reserved in some manner.

My best guess is that it's an alien peoples who have learned to "bend" space or as Star Trek fans know "warp" it. That's how they can move faster than the speed of light.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

My best guess is that it's an alien peoples who have learned to "bend" space or as Star Trek fans know "warp" it. That's how they can move faster than the speed of light.
    Not sure who is doing it, but that is what I believe given what I saw when I was younger.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    But they're not traveling through space, they're traveling through time.
    They would still have to travel through both to remain on or near the constantly moving Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not sure who is doing it, but that is what I believe given what I saw when I was younger.
    I'll bite. What exactly did you see?

I can understand moving ahead in time but I'm not so sure one can move backwards in time.
    So I'll bite a little bit on this topic. Who says they're moving "backwards" in time? Couldn't they just be an "older" race and have developed the technology 2,000 earth years ago, but are able to zoom forward in their own concept of time to a point where there is life forms on Earth.

I don't care how developed you are as a race/population, if there is another form of life somewhere else on the universe that you've never encountered before you going to want to investigate it, if possible. Humans have dove to the depths of the ocean to study lifeforms that have never seen the light of day. While they have the ability to do things we as humans could never do to adapt to their environment, I think most scientist would consider them a subservent life form, yet they fascinate many because they're different, they survive somewhere we've never been w/o the help of a machine. Think about it, if it was discovered there was some single cell life form living on the moon just inches below the surface, how long would it take NASA to get up there and study it?

Make no mistake, if there is alternative life forms out there, self aware life forms, and they have the capability to reach us, they're going to want to study us. They may consider us insignificant to their way of life, but we're obviously significant to some way of life, no different than a single cell life form living under the surface of the moon and worthy of examination.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    So I'll bite a little bit on this topic. Who says they're moving "backwards" in time? Couldn't they just be an "older" race and have developed the technology 2,000 earth years ago, but are able to zoom forward in their own concept of time to a point where there is life forms on Earth.

I don't care how developed you are as a race/population, if there is another form of life somewhere else on the universe that you've never encountered before you going to want to investigate it, if possible. Humans have dove to the depths of the ocean to study lifeforms that have never seen the light of day. While they have the ability to do things we as humans could never do to adapt to their environment, I think most scientist would consider them a subservent life form, yet they fascinate many because they're different, they survive somewhere we've never been w/o the help of a machine. Think about it, if it was discovered there was some single cell life form living on the moon just inches below the surface, how long would it take NASA to get up there and study it?

Make no mistake, if there is alternative life forms out there, self aware life forms, and they have the capability to reach us, they're going to want to study us. They may consider us insignificant to their way of life, but we're obviously significant to some way of life, no different than a single cell life form living under the surface of the moon and worthy of examination.
    If I understand you correctly, you're describing a race that is from another planet. If that's the case then of course they'd want to study us. My point was that if these aliens were really just earthlings from 100,000 yrs from now they'd have little reason to study us like this

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I'll bite. What exactly did you see?
    From another thread because I am lazy and searching was easier than typing it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I was sleeping over at a friends (I was 10 or 11 at the time). It was around 1 in the morning and I saw this bright light in the sky that was about the size of a baseball in comparison to the window. It larger than the moon at the time (in perspective, it clearly wasn't larger than the moon, just much closer to us).It was just floating there I guess, not moving for a good 10 minutes. I was terrified and honestly could not move. My friend, had to go to the bathroom really bad went. While he was in the bathroom, the light began to either get larger or get closer. As he flushed the toilet the light, whatever it was did a zig zag type thing across the sky faster than anything I have ever come close to seeing before. Almost made a z type flight pattern before just zipping out of sight. The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes or so. To this day, I still get a little scared to look up into the night sky when I am alone. Still freaks me out.

I will tell a story as well...I am not afraid of looking like an idiot....hahaha....

I was about 17 years old and was trying some LSD with friends....I know the LSD kind of throws this whole story in the "fake" bin but it gets weird and the 4 of us that took the LSD dont even talk to each other anymore and if we see each other, we almost walk the other way to get away from each other...even after this incident occured, while we were in school, we quit talking to each other and quit hanging out unless we were in class or a sport together....

we decided to take some LSD out at a friends house who lives on a big farm, his parents were in Florida for the week so we went out there and dropped it around sundown in the summer time, we were getting ready for our senior year of high school and were basically idiots.....we never hardly drank or did drugs but this was just once of those occasions that I cannot explain. we all just decided we were doing it to see what it was like....the first few hours were full of laughs and giggles and stupid stuff.....then we decided to take a walk out in the woods.....there is a trash pile on the back of the property that has old fences and old metal scrap and stuff like that....basically stuff that was not burnable......we went back there and started a bonfire, bigger than we probably should have but still not so big to where it got out of control....about double the size of a fire ring at a camp site, maybe triple but no bigger......once that fire took off and got going we all sat there and was silent.....not saying a word and kind of in a sleeping state...not laughing or nothing...just sitting there....right before the sun came up this big glare came down upon the fire and kind of lit us all up like we were on the football field of a friday night game.....we all just giggled and laughed, it appeared for about a half hour....the sun eventually rose and we cleaned up the area, at this time all we really wanted was to get to the house and go to sleep...we cleaned up the area and went to the house and went to sleep....we got woken up by the neighbors knocking on the door.....the kid who lived there got us up and told us to follow him out to where we had our fire, the neighbor had wanted us to meet him out there......we drove 4 wheelers out there and when we pulled up we all just sat there and almost passed out as we looked at where we sat....There was a hole dug about the size of the infield at GABP, and all the trash from the pile was in the hole...almost like someone was wanting to bury it all......the oddest part of it all, there was no dirt piled up from the hole being dug......there was 100% no evidence of us having a fire, the fire was where the hole was dug......this is a hole that had to be dug with a back hoe and a dozer....there were no tire tracks, no nothing....

all I can think is we were somewhere different on the property and the hole must have already been there....we searched that entire farm for signs of a bon fire and NONE.....my friends father had wrote down the hours on his equipment before they left fro vacation to make sure we were not out playing on it....sure enough, the hours were the same when he returned so it was not his equipment that dug that hole.....

we all basically cannot come up with a excuse for what happened....no matter how hard we try and prove a certain theory, facts get in the way and prove us wrong.....something dug that hole that night and took the dirt and moved a few tons of scrap in the hole and left no visable signs of being there.....we dont know what the big light was, we didnt see anything alien like nor did we hear anything crazy.....but us 4 know something happened that night and we all are still scared to this day about it....that was 20 years ago and I bet I havent spoken to them 3 guys for more than 5 minutes since then.....

I know that fact that LSD was involved pretty much throws out any chance of this story being believed by anyone, but the fact that all 4 of us have the same story makes me think that something out of our control was there that night.....the glowing light that we all seen was like we were in a tanning bed, the whole area around us was lit up and we could see nothing around us but light....I cant even explain where the light came from, was it in the air? from the east,west? I have no idea......we are not even sure if the trash pile was there, we just know the hole wasnt......

I still dont really believe in aliens, I want to, but facts keep getting in the way. If I was sober that night I would probably be in a mental ward to this day, but I chalk it up as a night that I will never forget no matter how hard I try.

ok, go ahead and make fun of me..

If I understand you correctly, you're describing a race that is from another planet. If that's the case then of course they'd want to study us. My point was that if these aliens were really just earthlings from 100,000 yrs from now they'd have little reason to study us like this
    I'd argue that as well, wouldn't you like to go back and study how humans acted just 2,012 years ago, 3,000 years ago, heck 100 years ago? So maybe you don't care, you can read it all in a book, but there are many that would want to examine life with their own eyes 100,000 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I'd argue that as well, wouldn't you like to go back and study how humans acted just 2,012 years ago, 3,000 years ago, heck 100 years ago? So maybe you don't care, you can read it all in a book, but there are many that would want to examine life with their own eyes 100,000 years ago.
    I understand your point and it's a good one. My thinking is that since we live in the computer age records from our time will be around forever, but if you go back in time from here the records get that much more sketchy. Thus I don't think our time will be much of a mystery to future human civilizations. There's also the part about "is it scientifically feasible" to go backwards in time? I don't think so. What's done is done

This Apollo astronaut is sure that there are several races of aliens around us:

This story has been spreading like wildfire across the internet, as well as other news sources, which is not surprising given the topic. In a radio interview in the UK, and in a subsequent article in the Daily Register, former Apollo astronaut Edgar Mitchell said he believes there is life on other planets. OK, that’s not much of a bombshell. But then he went on to say that aliens have visited Earth, and our governments have been covering it up. That was the shocker. Mitchell said he was “privileged enough to be in on the fact that we’ve been visited on this planet and the U.F.O. phenomena is real.”
    http://www.universetoday.com/16017/a...visited-earth/

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I understand your point and it's a good one. My thinking is that since we live in the computer age records from our time will be around forever, but if you go back in time from here the records get that much more sketchy. Thus I don't think our time will be much of a mystery to future human civilizations. There's also the part about "is it scientifically feasible" to go backwards in time? I don't think so. What's done is done
    Which means archaeology won't be nearly as interesting in the future. Just one giant google search.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?