Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bad Voodoo Karmic Cleanse

Bad Voodoo Karmic Cleanse

Pitchers and Catchers report as do posters and complainers. In an attempt to clear any bad mojo that might be hanging over the Reds this year, I figured I'd issue apologies to guys I was especially hard on as a poster

Jonny Gomes- A little over-aggressive at the plate but a quality MLB bat

Juan Castro- If we had to walk down a dark alley together and you were carrying a bat with you, i'd probably suggest you leave it behind, because if needed, chances are you're not going to hit anything. But you are a good defender, had a long career, and always got on tv after homeruns

Sean Casey- Proof that every once in awhile, good things can come out of Pittsburgh

George Grande- Always smiling and talking about the superiority of the Cardinals. during the in between action-less time you acted like the reds didn't make the playoffs in years because they couldn't sacrifice bunt well enough, what you call "the little things". but when the ball is put in play you do a quality play by play

Mike Leake- quality bounce back last year, I eat crow

soft tossing relievers- Rheal Cormier, end of career Mike Stanton, etc., if you get the job done it doesn't matter how, although you always make me nervous against quality hitters who decide to wait you out

All present and future offspring of Chris Carpenter- I wish them all the best, despite pops assertion that he invented baseball

Hal McCoy- Good writer, great career, occasionally frustrating to read when he writes about anonymous scouts he's talked to that told him the reds would make the playoffs if they added a 1 tool guy who could "do the little things", like sacrifice bunt.

Dusty Baker- He's a pisces-aquarious dude, it is what is, it's cosmically fated, I'll never question the lineup again.

Adam Dunn- I left your apology on the left side of the infield, if you can hit it over there, it's all yours.

Francisco Cordero and Ramon Hernandez- both performed well, it's not your fault you weren't traded when the team was out of contention and the club could have gotten something in return before you left in FA

Walt Jocketty- track record speaks for itself, but I get a little nervous that you might have a hankering to replace BP with Fernando Vina, Jay Bruce with Ray Lankford, and Jonny Gomes with Ryan Ludwick in an effort to reassemble the Cincinnati Cardinals

Scott Rolen- it's not you, it's your shoulder and back I occasionally curse. See the difference

Thom B.- I'll just ignore that h from now on, and you're mocking of sabermetrics

Joe Morgan- The man, one of the best 2b of all time, whether he thinks it's stupid or not

future terrible MLB players- you're awful in relation to your peers, but I won't deny that to be terrible MLB player, you still have to be elite.

Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina- They received the highest honor of hated respected division rival status that I can't stand unless they play for the Reds

No apologies issued:

Chris Carpenter

Pittsburgh

the bobblehead of Jonny Gomes

Go reds! 2012 WS Champs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bad Voodoo Karmic Cleanse

Great job, this post got my Monday off to the right start

Adam Dunn- I left your apology on the left side of the infield, if you can hit it over there, it's all yours.
    Well played, sir....

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    Mike Leake- quality bounce back last year, I eat crow
    You and many others!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I'm turning over a new leaf too.

If Jay Bruce goes two months without collecting any counting stats, I'm not going to get frustrated. I'm also going to try and start clean-slate with Mike Leake to give us the best chance at a healthy relationship going forward.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Orenda View Post
    All present and future offspring of Chris Carpenter- I wish them all the best, despite pops assertion that he invented baseball
    Now, how is he going to explain Abner Doubleday to them?

Turn Off Ads?