2012 NL Central

How do you see the NL central winding up this year I see it like this

Reds 94-68
    Cards 83-79
    Pirates 82-80
    Brewers 76-86
    Cubs 74-88
    Astros 59-103

I see the Reds winning this division pretty easy this year and if they don't Dusty really needs to go because when you have this much talent or I should say when you clearly have more talent then any other team then you know what the problem is. I think the cards will drop off big time they lost so much and the guys they got to replace are old and injury prone. The Brewers will be in trouble to I think they will have a hard time winning in the 1st half of the season and it will be to much for them to recover. The Pirates and Cubs made good moves in the off-season and I really think they might be the teams who will surprise. The Astros.......well.....59 win would be huge for this team I was just being nice .

why is BP batting 4th

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 NL Central

Reds 93-59
    Cards 89-63
    Brewers 88-64
    Cubs 76-86
    Pirates 74-88
    Astros 59-103

As soon as I saw your post, I though I would post my predictions, but without looking at yours. I give you my word, I did not look at yours, so I think it's amazing we agreed perfectly on the last three.

How do you see the NL central winding up this year

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

[redacted]

Cards: 93 - 69
    Reds: 89 - 73
    Brewers: 85 - 77
    Pirates: 72 - 90
    Cubs: 71 - 91
    Astros: 55 - 107

That's my gut, anyway. I think the Cards are stronger pitching-wise and still might have the best 3-4-5 heart of any lineup in the NL. SP depth and the back-end of the rotation are going to hurt the Reds again this year - I really worry about Bronson Arroyo. I also think we're counting on bounce-back and "he finally puts it together" years from a few too many guys - which is fine, but I don't think it is realistic to expect them all to do so. I would peg us for between about 86-92 wins depending on how things land, so there's a definite chance for a playoff berth, but I think claiming the division as being easily won is pretty foolhardy at this point. I also see the Brewers still hanging around - that top three of Greinke, Gallardo, and Marcum is really good... though lacking Braun and Fielder will keep them from the post-season. The last three I kinda threw records up arbitrarily, to be honest.

I hope Cincy proves me wrong and puts 95 W's on the board, of course...

Don't go flipping your lid.The left side of the infield is a question mark.Will Rolen stay healthy enough,will Cozart return to form like he was before the injury or go through growing pains in the big leagues?Still question marks in the rotation.But hope springs eternal,and lets play ball!

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I think I'll wait until the dust settles a little more --- rosters are not close enough to being set.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

wow looking back as of right now and i'd have to say I am pretty close

why is BP batting 4th

I think the Reds will be pulling away from the pack sooner than later

Im looking for home field advantage now throughout the playoffs.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    Im looking for home field advantage now throughout the playoffs.
    Same here. That would be huge.

At the rate the Reds are going, I don't think that a 100 win season is out of the question! Everybody seems to be in agreement that the Bucs, as improved as they are, will falter down the stretch. God knows McCutchen's gotta cool off at some point. (doesn't he?)

The Brews have officially thrown in the towel. The Cards pitching has become rock solid, and you know how they can hit. I see the race getting good in a week or so. The Reds may prevail, but the odds are a wild card will come from the Central. I see BOTH teams making the post season.

The Reds are one game away from having the best record in baseball. The Pirates have the best record of all 2nd place teams and the Cards have the best record of all current 3rd place teams. The division is top heavy obviously, but it's turned out to be much better than I expected.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Turn Off Ads?