Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    American Hustle was great. The cast is amazing.
    Worth seeing for the hair and outfits alone. But also a fun, great movie. Amy Adams swears she didn't use boob tape in any of those dresses, but I can't see how that was possible, based on the laws of physics.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

Raisor (12-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Anchorman 2 : C

A lot of laughs but Paul Rudd and Steve Carrell will probably look back at this movie 20 years from now and wish they weren't a part of it.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Anchorman 2 : C

A lot of laughs but Paul Rudd and Steve Carrell will probably look back at this movie 20 years from now and wish they weren't a part of it.
    I doubt either of those guys take themselves that seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Saw Saving Mr. Banks tonight. Wonderful movie.
    Yep. I saw it today and 100% agree.

A little bit of Disney gloss, but still a wonderful story and quite the tale.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Frozen A+

I could probably watch this movie again just for the snowman who happens to be voiced by the guy that I thought was hilarious in The Book Of Mormon. In fact, I want a spinoff of just the snowman.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Saw "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" the other day. I really enjoyed it, though I know some people don't care for it because of the liberties Peter Jackson has taken with the source material. (I consider myself a fan of Tolkien's work, and I've read all of the books several times. I've also seen all three LOTR films and both Hobbit movies, and I liked them too.) Smaug is everything that you would imagine a dragon ought to be. Very menacing. Stole the show, as far as I was concerned. I think he might become one of the all-time great movie villains, along with Hannibal Lecter, Darth Vader, and the Wicked Witch of the West.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 12-27-2013 at 02:03 AM.

9. Likes:

westofyou (12-27-2013)

Just got done watching Blackfish on Netflix.

I'm emotionally drained. Damn, dude.

11. Likes:

Larry Schuler (12-27-2013),WildcatFan (01-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Frozen A+

I could probably watch this movie again just for the snowman who happens to be voiced by the guy that I thought was hilarious in The Book Of Mormon. In fact, I want a spinoff of just the snowman.
    Olaf the snowman is the next Minion or Scrat IMO.

Just watched the 1947 noir "Out of the Past" with Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer, Kirk Douglas, and Rhonda Fleming on TMC.

Just an awesome flick. The double-triple-quadruple-crossing that goes on is just mind boggled. Snappy dialogue, more cigarette smoking than I've ever seen in a movie, and Jane Greer is sexy as all get-out as the femme fatale. Gets an A+ on the Roy scale. I'm surprised that this film isn't as big as something like Casablanca.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-28-2013)

Saw American Hustle. Fun movie, really enjoyed it. Christian Bale was, surprisingly, really good. And Amy Adams (I usually don't make caveman male type comments, but oh man). Jeremy Renner is my favorite actor right now and he was good, but he's too good an actor for that role. I kept thinking how I'd have loved to see him in Bale's role.

My only complaint on the cast is that I thought Bradley Cooper's role was a little too big for him. He's not a bad actor, but I don't think he was a good fit for this role. The scene where that ended with him getting hit in the head by Adams was just awkward, IMO. He was too over the top.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I liked The Wolf of Wall Street a lot but before you see it be sure to be okay with a lot bad stuff. Lots of nudity and drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    I liked The Wolf of Wall Street a lot but before you see it be sure to be okay with a lot bad stuff. Lots of nudity and drug use.
    Nudity and drug use? Sounds like a normal Tuesday night at Roy's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Nudity and drug use? Sounds like a normal Tuesday night at Roy's house.
    Naw, that's Wednesday. Tuesday is tequila and adult Twister.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-28-2013),foxfire123 (12-28-2013),KittyDuran (12-28-2013),marcshoe (12-29-2013),Raisor (12-28-2013),RichRed (12-29-2013),WildcatFan (01-04-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (12-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Jeremy Renner is my favorite actor right now and he was good, but he's too good an actor for that role. I kept thinking how I'd have loved to see him in Bale's role.
    Russell wrote his roles specifically for Bale and Cooper, but at one point Bale wasn't going to be available for the movie, so Cooper was set to switch to his role and Renner was brought in for Cooper's role. When Bale became available they all reverted to their previous roles, with the Carmine Polito character added to the script to keep Renner around...

I didn't care myself but I know others do. I told my brother before the movie started I bet these 2 old ladies leave during the movie and they did like 30 mins in. Its a really funny movie imo.

Turn Off Ads?