Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    If you weren't already aware, a newly restored version of Lawrence of Arabia has been prepared for a Blu-Ray release on November 13th. This also coincides with a planned theatrical re-release (!) in October.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/32...ersary-blu-ray

Part of a Home Theater Forum discussion, including comments from restorer Robert Harris and film historian Adrian Turner:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/30...n-blu-ray/1500

Just as interesting, from my perspective, is that the film's most famous "missing" scene, Allenby's "seduction" of Lawrence to returning to the desert, has apparently been restored and will be included on the BRD as a special feature.

Suffice to say I'm extremely excited. I will bend arms, break legs, possibly even commit crimes to see Lawrence in theaters.
    For those interested, Rave Motion Pictures in West Carrollton and Huber Heights will both be screening the re-release of this masterpiece on October, 4th at 1:00pm/7:00pm.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Just saw Trouble with the Curve. Kind of predictable, but not bad. Clint being himself basically. He plays a pretty good grumpy old man.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Trouble with the Curve was overly Hollywood cliche. It's the worst effort I've seen from Eastwood in a long time.

Now Looper, on the other hand, is a perfect reminder of what Hollywood is capable of when it gets something right...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Now Looper, on the other hand, is a perfect reminder of what Hollywood is capable of when it gets something right...
    I'm glad you posted this. We don't get to many movies any more. Going to Looper tonight, was hoping it would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. We don't get to many movies any more. Going to Looper tonight, was hoping it would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a free ticket and was thinking of seeing this movie as well...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I have a free ticket and was thinking of seeing this movie as well...
    Do it. It's one of the best movies of the year.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Any cinephile who loves the lean functioning classics like Assault on Precinct 13 and Escape from New York or the hard hitting ultra-violence of RoboCop owes it to themselves to see Dredd 3D.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

The Braden Looper biopic was a lot different than I expected.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Braden Looper biopic was a lot different than I expected.
    I might have missed it, but I haven't heard anyone mention that this the third movie by my count (12 Monkeys, The Kid) in which Bruce Willis has encountered his younger self.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    For those interested, Rave Motion Pictures in West Carrollton and Huber Heights will both be screening the re-release of this masterpiece on October, 4th at 1:00pm/7:00pm.
    I'm so angry that it is only showing on Thursday. I have prior commitments....
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I was thinking of venturing out this evening and I guess I'll take the recommendations and see Looper. If I don't like it, I'm holding you all responsible. I've been going a bit more often with Carren off visiting family in Kenya for a couple weeks. She's not a movie person. We've been once in the 11 years we've been married.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Senor Votto

Saw Looper and it was amazing. One of the best movies of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Saw Looper and it was amazing. One of the best movies of the year
    I might be riding high after just seeing it, but I was surprised at how good it was. There have been a lot of bad movies released in the past couple months, but Looper was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I might be riding high after just seeing it, but I was surprised at how good it was. There have been a lot of bad movies released in the past couple months, but Looper was really good.
    If you had seen Brick you wouldn't have been surprised. And if you haven't seen Brick... why not?
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 10-07-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Turn Off Ads?