Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

I don't recall the last movie I saw at the theater but World War Z is going to break that streak. It's one of the better books I've read and the trailers seem to suggest it's one that needs to be seen on the big screen.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that I will not recognize the story in the least though. Is Brad Pitt playing some sort of world saving hero in this thing?
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Star Trek with a new ship and crew has been done, and done, and done (TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise). It's great to have a reboot with the core characters, and to immediately shake things up in a huge way. BTW - the reboot is from 2009, so the statute of limitations on spoilers has run out.

I really loved the ST: Into Darkness. Amazing movie. The stakes kept going up and up, and the plot kept growing and branching out until it was almost too thick. It was a great action movie with a good balance of characters and a perfect number of winks to the past.
    I took my 16 year old son to see Into the Darkness yesterday. I liked it. So did he.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I don't recall the last movie I saw at the theater but World War Z is going to break that streak. It's one of the better books I've read and the trailers seem to suggest it's one that needs to be seen on the big screen.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that I will not recognize the story in the least though. Is Brad Pitt playing some sort of world saving hero in this thing?
    Brooks who wrote the book has not been kind to the movie. He basically said that they paid me a lot of money for the title of the picture. From what I understand it strays far from the book.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Brooks who wrote the book has not been kind to the movie. He basically said that they paid me a lot of money for the title of the picture. From what I understand it strays far from the book.
    I'm no film maker, but the way the book was written seems like it would be hard to make it a movie unless it was documentary style.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Watched The Big Green last night...hell of a movie

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Good lord this movie looks amazing. This is the new trailer for Man of Steel. Zod is INSANE looking. So pumped up about this movie. On a side note, Hans Zimmer could compose a sound track to a chess tournament and make it sound epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc
    Will be at a midnight premiere tonight (and I can't wait).

The son of Jor-El shall KNEEL before Zod!!!

Watched "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" last night. The Prestige can rest easy as still the best movie made about magicians. Wonderstone wasn't actually as bad as I expected it to be and they saved the best gag for the end credits.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Skipped out to the cheapies in Lebanon and saw "This is the End" tonight. I considered walking out about 45 minutes into the movie. Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's advertised as a comedy. There is nothing funny about it. There is nothing entertaining about it. Over the top vulgar comments/attempts at humor that fail miserably. Dude gets raped by a demon. Supposed to be funny? Not. Lots of drug, masterbation, sex jokes that simply weren't funny at all. It's rated R, but DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS MOVIE. I never would, but some people do it.

Whoever wrote that movie should be shot. Boring, boring, boring. I don't even recommend it as a rental. It's that bad.

Saw Iron Man 3 last night. It was a mess -- it tried to be a comedy disguised as an action movie with a splash of drama. I had no idea what was motivating the characters in any given scene. The villains' powers didn't make any sense. Every character spouted the same snarky dialogue. There were some funny lines, but the movie as a whole was really bad. Worse than Iron Man 2. Marvel's worst effort thusfar.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Will be at a midnight premiere tonight (and I can't wait).
    Same here. Leaving shortly. :O)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Watched "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" last night. The Prestige can rest easy as still the best movie made about magicians. Wonderstone wasn't actually as bad as I expected it to be and they saved the best gag for the end credits.
    Haven't seen Burt Wonderstone, but I did see the Prestige. IMO, the new movie "Now you see me" is a better magician flick than the Prestige. Really enjoyed both, but "Now you see me" really had me guessing for quite a while. Plus I'm a sucker for Morgan Freeman. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Skipped out to the cheapies in Lebanon and saw "This is the End" tonight. I considered walking out about 45 minutes into the movie. Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's advertised as a comedy. There is nothing funny about it. There is nothing entertaining about it. Over the top vulgar comments/attempts at humor that fail miserably. Dude gets raped by a demon. Supposed to be funny? Not. Lots of drug, masterbation, sex jokes that simply weren't funny at all. It's rated R, but DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS MOVIE. I never would, but some people do it.

Whoever wrote that movie should be shot. Boring, boring, boring. I don't even recommend it as a rental. It's that bad.
    pretty shocking considering it's getting great reviews. I'm still gonna watch it.

Just got back from Man of Steel and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was great! Yes, it's 'darker' and if you're connected to Reeve's portrayal I'd suggest going in with an open mind. Great action. A definite sci-fi feel.

Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

Hell yea. Sounds like my type of movie

Turn Off Ads?