Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

You sound like the kind of guy who should be in charge of casting movies!

2. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-24-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You sound like the kind of guy who should be in charge of casting movies!
    After I looked up Kata Mara I saw her sister is Rooney Mara (that makes sense given the context of her grandparents) and I did see her in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - she was ecellent.

Kata Mara looked familiar when I saw her picture, but I did not know her name.

I do know a lot of obscure actors and watch a lot of movies, but the fact I thought Shooter looked like a joke means what exactly?

I am all for giving black actors more roles in movies, as well as fictional roles that were originally white, but why have a brother/sister duo black and white? Why not just have them both be black? I am just finding it difficult to see how this makes sense.

I read a lot of comic book movies as a kid/teen and I never really cared for The Fantastic Four (other than the epic Silver Surfer/Galactus series), so I probably will wait until this comes out on cable, I just thought it was odd they casted Jordan and Mara as brother/sister.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    After I looked up Kata Mara I saw her sister is Rooney Mara (that makes sense given the context of her grandparents) and I did see her in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - she was ecellent.

Kata Mara looked familiar when I saw her picture, but I did not know her name.

I do know a lot of obscure actors and watch a lot of movies, but the fact I thought Shooter looked like a joke means what exactly?

I am all for giving black actors more roles in movies, as well as fictional roles that were originally white, but why have a brother/sister duo black and white? Why not just have them both be black? I am just finding it difficult to see how this makes sense.

I read a lot of comic book movies as a kid/teen and I never really cared for The Fantastic Four (other than the epic Silver Surfer/Galactus series), so I probably will wait until this comes out on cable, I just thought it was odd they casted Jordan and Mara as brother/sister.
    One or both of the movie Storms are adopted.

End of controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

End of controversy.
    Oh come on, give me one real life example of anyone in history that has adopted outside their race.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

7. Likes:

CoachBombay (02-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

End of controversy.
    What is the point of that?

Controversy restarted.

What is the point of that?

Controversy restarted.

You said that having one black and one white sibling didn't make sense.

I've explained a way for it to make sense.

Now we can worry about other things that will suck for the movie.

At first I was remembering the story wrong. They do not have to be actual blood siblings because they got their power from gamma radiation in space. They do not even have to be related for that matter.

Controversy ended.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 02-24-2014 at 09:28 PM.

The reason I am questioning the casting of Johnny and Sue Storm is not the quality of the actors...It is the fact they are siblings and they are black and white.
    It's a movie. Use your imagination.

At first I was remembering the story wrong. They do not have to be actual blood siblings because they their power from gamma radiation in space. They do not even have to be related for that matter.

Controversy ended.
    Or that
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Watched "Ship of Fools" on AMC's 31 days of Oscar.

Great cast with a haunting Vivien Leigh, soulful Simone Signoret, anti-Semite José Ferrer, Texas ballplayer that can't hit the outside curve Lee Marvin, a tragic Oskar Werner, Michael Dunn, Elizabeth Ashley, George Segal, José Greco and Heinz Rühmann. It was to be Vivien Leigh's last film.

One haunting line. "After all, there are one million Jews in Germany. What will they do? Kill us all?"

Great 1965 B+W film.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 02-25-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

At first I was remembering the story wrong. They do not have to be actual blood siblings because they got their power from gamma radiation in space. They do not even have to be related for that matter.

Controversy ended.
    Gamma radiation: the Hulk

Cosmic Rays: Fantastic Four

Nerd: Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Great 1965 B+W film.
    I'm going back and watching a lot of movies from the 60's, just watched The Train with Burt Lancaster.

Between the advent of TV in the mid-50's and the summer blockbuster in the 70's Hollywood foundered. If you asked ten people to name a 60's movie, a bunch would say "Easy Rider" which wasn't from a Hollywood studio.

Noir was dead, westerns withered. They released epics that were mostly silly and RomComs that seemed from a different era (ie. Doris Day). They tried to revive the big musical but those fizzled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Great 1965 B+W film.
    I'm going back and watching a lot of movies from the 60's, just watched The Train with Burt Lancaster.
    Ship of Fools won the Oscar for Best Cinematography, Black-and-White and Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, Black-and-White.

Kinda long movie and moved slowly at times, but it had some great performances and was a B+W eye candy movie.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Here's the full trailer for Godzilla:

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

17. Likes:

Raisor (02-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Between the advent of TV in the mid-50's and the summer blockbuster in the 70's Hollywood foundered. If you asked ten people to name a 60's movie, a bunch would say "Easy Rider" which wasn't from a Hollywood studio.

Noir was dead, westerns withered. They released epics that were mostly silly and RomComs that seemed from a different era (ie. Doris Day). They tried to revive the big musical but those fizzled.
    Totally agree, with one exception:

19. Likes:

RedsBaron (02-26-2014)

I saw the Lego Movie with my daughter over the weekend and laughed like crazy. It was absolutely hilarious, a totally pleasant surprise.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?