Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    People are still mad that Affleck is playing Batman.
    They should have let Affleck direct Runner Runner. Looks like the director tried to turn it into Fast and Furious of Internet gambling.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Just got back from Gravity, and it lives up to the hype. One of the more thrilling movies I've ever seen. I sat down front, which was a mistake cuz of susceptibility to motion sickness, so be careful of that if you're like me (also why I didn't see it in 3D).

But seriously spectacular.
    I saw it and thought it was the best movie I have seen since Letters From IWo Jima
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Damn. Sounds like we should have gone with Gravity. Captain Phillips was very good but sounds like Gravity was special.

5. Likes:

WildcatFan (10-06-2013)

I compare the intensity of Gravity to the movie Black Hawk Down. You will phrase out some of the dialogue due to asking yourself what would i do in this situation which is what I do every time i watch BHD.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

7. Likes:

WildcatFan (10-06-2013)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Damn. Sounds like we should have gone with Gravity. Captain Phillips was very good but sounds like Gravity was special.
    Captain Phillips is next for me. The previews look excellent.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Second the comments on Gravity. I saw it over the weekend. I saw it in 3D, but the 3D wasn't really that over the top like it is in other movies, just added some nice depth.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Yeah Gravity lived up to the hype and its worth the trip to the theater. It was even worth the iPic 3D price. I did get a little sick like I was hurtling through space on the way home when I added up how much money we just spent.

I think Captain Phillips was a great movie? I don't know, I know it was more of a thinker and had stronger political themes than Gravity, but both movies were still basically trying to accomplish the same thing--create a lot of tension--and I think seeing the 90 minute Gravity one week before 150 minute Captain Phillips kinda ruined the latter for me...

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I think Captain Phillips was a great movie? I don't know, I know it was more of a thinker and had stronger political themes than Gravity, but both movies were still basically trying to accomplish the same thing--create a lot of tension--and I think seeing the 90 minute Gravity one week before 150 minute Captain Phillips kinda ruined the latter for me...
    I also considered the order in which I saw the two movies. I saw them in the reverse of you and I was somewhat relieved that Gravity was only 90 minutes.

I didn't compare the two as much as I compared Phillips to United 93. I knew the story and ending of each very well but Greengrass was still able to generate a great deal of suspense and a little uncertainty in the ending of both movies.

Having said that and as much as I liked Captain Phillips, I liked Gravity more. I liked that it was an original idea.

I think Hanks would win the Oscar for Best Actor this year except Redford will probably win it, cause I hear All Is Lost is great.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I didn't compare the two as much as I compared Phillips to United 93. I knew th
    I think Hanks would win the Oscar for Best Actor this year except Redford will probably win it, cause I hear All Is Lost is great.
    I'm hopeful it's still way too early to make any calls regarding the Oscars since there are still so many strong films left in the fall movie season (granted, a lot of critics have already been exposed to them at festivals). My fingers are crossed that McConaughey gets a shot since he was snubbed for that brilliant supporting role in Magic Mike (not joking haha)...

16. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I'm hopeful it's still way too early to make any calls regarding the Oscars since there are still so many strong films left in the fall movie season (granted, a lot of critics have already been exposed to them at festivals). My fingers are crossed that McConaughey gets a shot since he was snubbed for that brilliant supporting role in Magic Mike (not joking haha)...
    Oh that's right, I forgot he went "Machinist" for that movie coming out this year.

And I agree he was great in Magic Mike. He's had some strong roles recently adding in Killer Joe and Mud.

I also really enjoyed "Gravity". It just looked amazing and the story is good enough.

Wanna see "12 Days a Slave" but I cant stomach that kind of brutality and I heard its long scenes.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Is anybody gonna be able to see 12 Years A Slave this weekend?

Highly recommend "The Impossible" with Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor. Harrowing tale of a family in the 2004 Thailand tsunami. Grabbed me and didn't let go.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?