Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Thor: The Dark World 4/5

Marvel delivers again. Big time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

Agreed. Like the bit of a twist ending there too.

It still amazes me how many people get up and leave as the credits begin on a Marvel movie. have they learned nothing yet!? lol!

4. Likes:

KittyDuran (11-09-2013),Raisor (11-09-2013)

Really proud of myself avoiding many of the spoilers, which was really hard on the forums I frequent - had to avoid one of my tumblr blogs completely for 2 weeks...

Anyway, saw it this afternoon. I laughed and cried a lot. Thought the humor was well placed (major debate among some fans). Best part of the movie for me was any time Thor and Loki were together. Talk about chemistry! Not only the characters but the actors (Hemsworth and Hiddleston) are very comfortable in their roles. When's Thor 3's premiere?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123
    It still amazes me how many people get up and leave as the credits begin on a Marvel movie. have they learned nothing yet!? lol!
    Not 1, not 2 but 3 extras... got a big "Awesome!" out of one kid at the end.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 11-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

My favorite sight gag was Thor deciding what to do with his hammer, when entering the apartment. Also Eric Selvig hugging Thor in his fancy wardrobe.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I finally saw A Band Called Death now that it's streaming on Netflix. It is the story of an all-black proto-punk band from Detroit that did some recording in the 1970s but never became famous until recently.

I got a lot more emotionally involved than I thought I would. Being a music person and setting the story in Detroit perhaps made me more inclined to watch this, but I think it was a really effective documentary that anybody could enjoy...

Finally wrapped up the trilogy with Before Midnight last night. These films have been durned near perfect in their execution of dialogue-driven character studies. The acting is great, the banter is sharp and you never get bored, despite the entire thing being like six long scenes of talking.

I personally enjoyed Before Sunset the most, not exactly sure why, since it would seem I would be most inclined to relate to the themes of Before Sunrise. I would rank Midnight between the other two, but all three are fantastic movies for adults...

I watched a documentary called Indie Game: The Movie last night. It is a doc that follows around two indie game developers as they near the completion of their games. One is Phil Fish and his fellow programmer, Renaud working on "Fez" and the other is the team of Tommy and Edmund working on "Super Meat Boy." They also interview Jonathan Blow who developed "Braid."

I thought it was OK, was disappointed though. I thought they were going to get more into the production side and explain what all goes in to the making of the games but they spent way more time on the fragile emotional state the programmers/designers are in as they near the completion of their games.

It was more of a documentary on the fragile state the human mind can be in as a person spends almost all of their time devoted to one project for years at a time. I found it interesting, but I think it could have been summed up in about 40 minutes instead of 90.

It really is amazing 1 or 2 programmers can design and develop games while it takes teams of 100 or more to develop big name games such as Halo, CoD, and Grand Theft Auto. The stress really shows when they interview these guys. It really worked out in the end for Tommy and Edmund though.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-12-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Saw Thor tonight..better than what I thought it would be and I won't remember any of this a week from now...The Guardian clip is over my head as I don't know anything about that comic...

They call me "chef"

Google "Marvel Infinity Guantlet" or "Collector Thor 2".

Ton of good movies out right now. I am either going to see Saving Mr. banks, Frozen, Catching Fire, Dallas Buyers Club, and I am even tempted to go see Gravity again.

I see Matthew and Bullock getting academy awards this year. Both took the same career path. Make the money while your young taking bad roles in dumb movies and then transition into better roles for less money as you get older.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 11-23-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Seeing Hunger Games this morning.

Seeing Hunger Games this morning.
    Touche, good sir. That is all.

Also saw Thor 2 (9/10) two weekends ago, and Ender's Game (7.5/10) before that. Planning on seeing Hobbit 2 too!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Catching fire is brilliant. Best movie of the year.

Gravity was good in 2d.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Catching fire is brilliant. Best movie of the year.
    Well worth seeing. Better than the first, and for a 2:26 hour long movie, it didn't *feel* long.

Turn Off Ads?