Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

The Lone Ranger looks terrible. Johnny Depp is a huge joke

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Skipped out to the cheapies in Lebanon and saw "This is the End" tonight. I considered walking out about 45 minutes into the movie. Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's advertised as a comedy. There is nothing funny about it. There is nothing entertaining about it. Over the top vulgar comments/attempts at humor that fail miserably. Dude gets raped by a demon. Supposed to be funny? Not. Lots of drug, masterbation, sex jokes that simply weren't funny at all. It's rated R, but DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS MOVIE. I never would, but some people do it.

Whoever wrote that movie should be shot. Boring, boring, boring. I don't even recommend it as a rental. It's that bad.
    This is a movie written and directed by Seth Rogen and Adam Goldberg. If you went into it expecting anything other than what you saw it is your own fault.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-14-2013),Raisor (06-14-2013)

Skipped out to the cheapies in Lebanon and saw "This is the End" tonight. I considered walking out about 45 minutes into the movie. Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's advertised as a comedy. There is nothing funny about it. There is nothing entertaining about it. Over the top vulgar comments/attempts at humor that fail miserably. Dude gets raped by a demon. Supposed to be funny? Not. Lots of drug, masterbation, sex jokes that simply weren't funny at all. It's rated R, but DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS MOVIE. I never would, but some people do it.

Whoever wrote that movie should be shot. Boring, boring, boring. I don't even recommend it as a rental. It's that bad.
    My question would be have you seen/did you enjoy movies like Superbad and Pineapple Express? If you did like those movies then you may give me a little pause, but if you haven't seen or didn't enjoy those movies you probably just didn't realize what you were getting into with This Is The End.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Phew! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Haven't seen Burt Wonderstone, but I did see the Prestige. IMO, the new movie "Now you see me" is a better magician flick than the Prestige. Really enjoyed both, but "Now you see me" really had me guessing for quite a while. Plus I'm a sucker for Morgan Freeman. :O)
    Dang man, The Prestige is one of the best movies of the past decade. You thought Now You See Me was that good?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Haven't seen Burt Wonderstone, but I did see the Prestige. IMO, the new movie "Now you see me" is a better magician flick than the Prestige. Really enjoyed both, but "Now you see me" really had me guessing for quite a while. Plus I'm a sucker for Morgan Freeman. :O)
    I was being facetious in comparing Wonderstone to the Prestige, which is one of my favorite all time movies. I haven't seen Now You See Me but I can't imagine it being as good as the Prestige.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Just got back from Man of Steel and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was great! Yes, it's 'darker' and if you're connected to Reeve's portrayal I'd suggest going in with an open mind. Great action. A definite sci-fi feel.

Recommended.
    Agreed. Excellent twist to the regular storyline. A lot more Krypton story involved.

Funny though how many people dressed up as Superman for the movie last night. Not kids either. :O)

10. Likes:

GIK (06-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Dang man, The Prestige is one of the best movies of the past decade. You thought Now You See Me was that good?
    I loved the Prestige. But yeah, I really, really enjoyed Now You See Me. It was almost a murder mystery with out the murder. Really good movie.

Nice article framing the history of how Superman has been portrayed since its inception 75 years ago and why Man of Steel may be the Superman we 'deserve'.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...serve-20130614

SC, we had a few people dressed up in the full outfit, but it was primarily people with Superman tees on (including myself!). Always fun on premiere night...just gives it that little bit of extra excitement.

I can't decide which superman shirt I should wear. Darker tone suggests my black one, but there's a lot to be said about tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    The Lone Ranger looks terrible. Johnny Depp is a huge joke
    You, sir, are a philistine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I can't decide which superman shirt I should wear. Darker tone suggests my black one, but there's a lot to be said about tradition.
    I went dark gray w/ white 'S'.

Well, after this short discussion, it made me want to see it again, so I just went back and re-watched The Prestige. Simply a fantastic movie. Looking back, no I think it was indeed better than Now You See Me. But the point remains that this new movie is fantastic as well. Different types of movies but both VERY good.

It wasn't until this morning that I realized that there was absolutely ZERO Kryrptonite references in Man Of Steel. It wasn't needed, but still surprising. And I may have been one of the few who noticed the oil tanker truck during the fight scene that had a Lexcorp logo on it. Nice.

"This is the End" was pretty fun. It started trying too hard about an hour in, and it lost a lot of momentum. The first 20 minutes were fantastic. Michael Cera owns.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?