Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I highly recommend Argo. An extremely well-told story.

This movie proves it is possible to make a movie with great plot and tension without explosions and car crashes and sweaty guys with steroid muscles.

It also proves we wore really stupid glasses in the late 70's.
    One of my sons gave me an Argo DVD as a Father's Day gift Saturday. We watched it that night. I liked it. The movie took a few liberties with the facts (as every movie does), but I thought it was well written, and deftly acted, with tension throughout (and a few laughs). Well done.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Argo was a great movie and Ben Afflack was hosed out of a best director nomination

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    You, sir, are a philistine.
    I thought that would be the case if i liked him
    Last edited by coachpipe; 06-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Man of Steel was fantastic. Finally DC does a non bat movie right
    Not a Green Lantern fan?

Just kidding, that movie was horrible. Man of Steel, on the other hand, was great. Made me excited for a possible Justice League movie.

I thought Man of Steel was solid, not great. I am not a big superman fan though as I think he is too perfect. There is never a real sense of danger as he cannot be injured so the result is weak villains.

I also thought the Jesus comparisons could have been a lot more subtle or perhaps left out entirely. At one point when he went to church to randomly talk to a priest there was a giant stained glass image of Jesus directly behind him. we get it.

Amy Adams did not pull off Lois Lane either in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I thought Man of Steel was solid, not great. I am not a big superman fan though as I think he is too perfect. There is never a real sense of danger as he cannot be injured so the result is weak villains.

I also thought the Jesus comparisons could have been a lot more subtle or perhaps left out entirely. At one point when he went to church to randomly talk to a priest there was a giant stained glass image of Jesus directly behind him. we get it.

Amy Adams did not pull off Lois Lane either in my opinion.
    I saw it last night. I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was great but it was very good. I could have done without the flashbacks but that's just me. I thought Amy Adams was good. I don't think it takes a lot to pull off LL. Be a reporter and fall in love with Superman. Check and double check. At least they didn't make her an idiot by not recognizing Superman just because he wore glasses. Good seeing Richard Schiff again with a strong role and if you blinked, you missed Neil Patrick Harris.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I saw it last night. I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was great but it was very good. I could have done without the flashbacks but that's just me. I thought Amy Adams was good. I don't think it takes a lot to pull off LL. Be a reporter and fall in love with Superman. Check and double check. At least they didn't make her an idiot by not recognizing Superman just because he wore glasses. Good seeing Richard Schiff again with a strong role and if you blinked, you missed Neil Patrick Harris.
    I must have blinked - where was NPH?

I just think Amy Adams is too cute to be Lois. Hard to explain, she just didn't fit the image I have of LL i guess.

I must have blinked - where was NPH?
    Remember right after Zod made his pronouncement to the world and they were showing a talking head talking to some guy in glasses? The guy in glasses was NPH.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Remember right after Zod made his pronouncement to the world and they were showing a talking head talking to some guy in glasses? The guy in glasses was NPH.
    Are you sure? Wasn't that the blogger Lois gave the story to after she was told she was not allowed at the Daily Planet?

I do not think that was NPH...

Are you sure? Wasn't that the blogger Lois gave the story to after she was told she was not allowed at the Daily Planet?

I do not think that was NPH...
    The blogger wasn't. After Zod made his announcement, they were showing various news programs - as they do now after crises - and one of them had an interviewer talking to this blond fellow in glasses and that guy was NPH. I noticed it and asked my girlfriend - who is a big NPH fan - and she said it was. Like I said, he wasn't on for long - just a few seconds.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sir Charles, my wife caught the Lex reference as well, it went right past me.

I liked Man of Steel, I heard about the complaints of continually going to the back story, but I thought that part was well done. I'm not a comic book guy, so my reference point on super man is the Christopher Reeves version, needless to say, the backstory was good for a guy like me.

I'd say overall, its akin to the Dark Knight reboot, well done, lots of action, and sets up things to move forward very well.

13. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (06-19-2013)

Anyone catch GATSBY? I'm interested in what folks thought about Baz Luhrmann's take on the story. I was actually surprised that it seemed rather conventional. Romeo & Juliet was far more daring as an adaptation.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Senor Votto

During the Zod/Supes fight scene when they crashed into the satiellite it had a logo that said WayneTech.

Real disappointed in Man of Steel..way too long and at times just almost boring...not a terrible movie just meh...struggles to hold the oil platform?.. falls down in midflight?..takes 20 minutes of movie time for him to destroy the orbiting ship??? Was almost as disappointed in this as I was the indiana jones crystal skulls movie a few years back..

I enjoyed The Internship. Vaughn and Wilson have good chemistry together.

Turn Off Ads?