Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

I'm a sucker for 50's and 60's sci-fi and horror, so this morning I watched Invisible Invaders on Netflix. Lo and behold one character's name....Major Bruce Jay.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052929/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Saw Pacific Rim. It won't win any Oscars, it borrowed heavily from so many other movies, was full of cliches, was completely predictable, but it was kind of fun in its own way. It worked as a two hour diversion. Just don't go in expecting too much else.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Watched Coffee Town last night. Not an original idea, standard buddy movie. But I liked it a lot. Obviously I'm a huge fan of Glenn Howerton (It's Always Sunny and Philadelphia) and I also like Steve Little, he played Stevie in Eastbound and Down. Very funny. Absolutely worth renting.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Lucas and Spielberg seem to think that the movie industry is heading towards a potential implosion.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/...-film-industry
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Saw Pacific Rim. It won't win any Oscars, it borrowed heavily from so many other movies, was full of cliches, was completely predictable, but it was kind of fun in its own way. It worked as a two hour diversion. Just don't go in expecting too much else.
    I want to see it. I love Del Toro's artistic style.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I want to see it. I love Del Toro's artistic style.
    Oh, it's enjoyable allright, but just don't expect a whole lot going on beyond the visual elements. The acting's decent enough, the effects are darn good, and it moves along at a decent pace. It's a good enough popcorn movie. I saw it on the 3D imax and it was impressive.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Oh, it's enjoyable allright, but just don't expect a whole lot going on beyond the visual elements. The acting's decent enough, the effects are darn good, and it moves along at a decent pace. It's a good enough popcorn movie. I saw it on the 3D imax and it was impressive.
    Two of my friends went and saw it this past weekend...One had high expectations and the other said he didnt expect it to be great but expected it to be atleast a 6/10 on his scale. Both left dissapointed

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Two of my friends went and saw it this past weekend...One had high expectations and the other said he didnt expect it to be great but expected it to be atleast a 6/10 on his scale. Both left dissapointed
    I've heard the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I've heard the opposite.
    Could be true I wouldnt know. All I know about it is what they said and that the box office numbers werent too impressive. Not my kinda movie..I saw the trailer and didnt even think twice about seeing it. Not much of an action movie fan.

I'm a big fan of the director... The Orphanage is one of the best supernatural thrillers EVER.

12. Likes:

marcshoe (07-17-2013)

I was taking a teenager and he wanted to see it. I'll have to admit I wasn't really giving it much of a chance and I at least was entertained for a couple hours. Given my low expectations, I'm not disappointed.

I had fairly high expectations because of the director, and I came away unimpressed. The action scenes were cool and I enjoyed Ron Perlman, but I just couldn't get past how cliche it was...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I had fairly high expectations because of the director, and I came away unimpressed. The action scenes were cool and I enjoyed Ron Perlman, but I just couldn't get past how cliche it was...
    So youre telling me Clay and Jax are in it? Interesting..well I still hope Jax Kills him. For Opie and Tara

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    So youre telling me Clay and Jax are in it? Interesting..well I still hope Jax Kills him. For Opie and Tara
    Ya sure

It's giant robots fighting giant aliens. It's impossible for it to not be awesome

Turn Off Ads?