Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Didn't get out to see 12 Years A Slave. Stayed in and watched The Way Way Back, though. That was very enjoyable I think there are parts of it that most people could relate to.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 10-20-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Didn't get out to see 12 Years A Slave. Stayed in and watched The Way Way Back, though. That was very enjoyable I think there are parts of it that most people could relate to.
    I'm excited for this release to be available on Netflix. Sam Rockwell!

4. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I'm excited for this release to be available on Netflix. Sam Rockwell!
    Yes as a huge Sam Rockwell fan myself, this was one of my favorite roles he's played.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yes as a huge Sam Rockwell fan myself, this was one of my favorite roles he's played.
    Did he dance? It can't be his best role unless he dances.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Did he dance? It can't be his best role unless he dances.
    Spoiler Alert....yes he dances.

That got me thinking...does he dance in Moon? That's probably my favorite Rockwell movie and I can't recall a dance scene. It's been a while though and there probably is one.

I saw Robert Redford's new movie "All is Lost" this weekend. It is basically "Gravity" but in a boat in the Indian Ocean. Really fantastic movie. Redford kills it and very well could win the Oscar for it. It doesn't have all the flash of "Gravity", but I actually liked it more.

10. Likes:

Razor Shines (10-21-2013)

Well, the gf wanted to watch halloween this weekend. I tried downloading the original but was unable. Saw it was on AMC last night, but I cant watch movies on TV. The commercials and censorship ruin everything.

So instead she convinced me to watch the 1996 remake with Paul Rudd. The fact paul rudd is in it should have told me NOOOOO stay away. What a terrible movie

I watched Rosemary's Baby for the first time over the weekend. It was good. Mia Farrow was really good, as was Ruth Gordon and all of the older actors that were in it. I didn't think Cassevettes (sp?) was all that good. I believe they could have found someone else for that role. It is a good supernatural phsychological thriller. I didn't think it was all that scary but it did have a lot of intrigue to it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The trailer for next year's Captain America is amazing.

Why cant new scary movies be any good. Saw The Purge this weekend. If you are making a scary movie the viewers reaction to a characters decisions should never be "really?". Everything the son did was just that. Actually, I didnt find any of the characters that good. The best part of the movie was when the mom slammed the neighbors face on the table. Why wouldnt she just kill them? Every morning going out to get the paper is going to be awkward now

Went and saw "The Councelor" this weekend. It was a total mess. Great cast, but an awful and bizarre script.

Anyone seen 'Ender's Game' yet?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Okay, I've finally found a good low-budget horror film on Netflix. After several disappointing tries ranging from Silent House (exploitive) to The Innkeepers (poor writing, acting) I tried something called The Pact. This movie is genuinely suspenseful and halfway original. While there are a couple of points I could complain about (shift of focus near the end, a trite final shot) I liked this better than nearly any horror film I've watched over the Halloween season.

Surprisingly good.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Anyone seen 'Ender's Game' yet?
    My friend who got me to read the book, which is one of my favorites now, went and saw the movie this weekend. I was too busy to go with him. Well, after everything he said, It doesnt look like i will be watching this movie. Atleast not paying money to see it.

Turn Off Ads?