Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I don't consider many of the films on that list "risky" (per its stated mission) or overly bold. Maybe Zero Dark Thirty. American Hustle would have found backing and distribution, for crying out loud. It has about a half-dozen bankable stars in it including a reigning (and very popular) Oscar winner. But it's sad to hear that directors of this caliber can't get financing.
    Perhaps not to you, but try talking about Spring Breakers or The Master with somebody in line at the grocery this week and see how they respond...

2. Turn Off Ads?

I watched "Nebraska" this weekend and I loved it. I felt it perfectly captured small town America. It is pretty slow paced and I'm not sure everyone will get it, but I loved it. Some great performances all around.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-13-2014),Larry Schuler (01-15-2014),NebraskaRed (01-16-2014)

American Hustle got a bunch of nominations including best acting for Bale, actress for Adams, supporting for Cooper and Lawrence.

I thought Bale did a good job, but I do not see how Adams, Lawrence, and especially Cooper got nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    American Hustle got a bunch of nominations including best acting for Bale, actress for Adams, supporting for Cooper and Lawrence.

I thought Bale did a good job, but I do not see how Adams, Lawrence, and especially Cooper got nominations.
    Adams was the best of the bunch!

7. Likes:

BillDoran (01-18-2014)

Saw Lone Survivor and liked it, I plan on reading the book now.

When I think of "risky" movies, I think of KIDS. That's taking a risk.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-18-2014),dubc47834 (01-21-2014)

I watched "42" last night with one of my sons. I liked it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Saw Lone Survivor and liked it, I plan on reading the book now.

When I think of "risky" movies, I think of KIDS. That's taking a risk.
    I took my two older sons (ages 22 and 21) to see Lone Survivor today. We liked it. Intense movie.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Saw American Hustle last night. I thought all the performances were fantastic. I thought the movie overall was very good.
    Saw it yesterday myself and agree.

Amy Adams deserves all the awards. Christopher Bale was pretty great as well.

Lawrence's role/performance wasn't Oscar worthy.

14. Likes:

CoachBombay (01-21-2014),RedTeamGo! (01-21-2014)

I watched "Her" and "American Hustle" this weekend.

I thought "American Hustle" was a good movie, but no where near great. It has a few really great scenes and was fun and well acted, but the plot line was kind of a mess. I also didn't understand Bradley Cooper's performance at all.

I loved "Her" and it might be my favorite movie this year. I'm very surprised that Joaquin Phoenix wasn't nominated for Best Actor.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-21-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Lone Survivor is good. I thought a couple of the performances were lacking but the battle scenes were incredibly intense and technically about as good as a movie could be.
    Great movie. I think the best war movie I have ever seen. Being in the military, I'm not big on war movies. Too much hollywood. This movie was pretty realistic and was very moving and motivating. Im not a reader, but I am definately gonna go get this book and read it.

18. Likes:

WMR (01-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Great movie. I think the best war movie I have ever seen. Being in the military, I'm not big on war movies. Too much hollywood. This movie was pretty realistic and was very moving and motivating. Im not a reader, but I am definately gonna go get this book and read it.
    I have not seen this movie yet.

Not saying the movie is unrealistic, as I have no frame of reference, but what is your opinion of how the movie added many "bad guys?" I read the quantity of people fighting the SEALs was increased by quite a bit.

I said "bad guys" because I do not know the story and do not know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I have not seen this movie yet.

Not saying the movie is unrealistic, as I have no frame of reference, but what is your opinion of how the movie added many "bad guys?" I read the quantity of people fighting the SEALs was increased by quite a bit.

I said "bad guys" because I do not know the story and do not know who they are.
    I don't know if or how many "bad guys" were added, but the action that was in the movie goes in line with what happens in todays combat in Afghanistan and what their mission was. Also, during the making of the movie Marcus Luttrell, the real Lone Survivor of the 4 man seal team, and 10 Navy Seals helped give guidance on the action and Seal tactics. No movie based on the military will ever be 100% accurate, but this was realistic. I found it pretty funny I saw before the movie that when Luttrell picked a director, he told him "You're my guy, but if you mess this up, Im going to f'ing kill you"

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The part where they were falling down the mountain was really hard to watch.

As military, would you have agreed with the decision to cut those men loose?

I would have insisted on keeping them tied up if it was my decision or I was allowed to give input.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The part where they were falling down the mountain was really hard to watch.

As military, would you have agreed with the decision to cut those men loose?

I would have insisted on keeping them tied up if it was my decision or I was allowed to give input.
    I think I would have zip tied them up to a tree and found my way outa there. Killing them was not really an option, against the Geneva Conventions, if anyone woulda found out, probly woulda been court martialed. We have a saying tho, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". I think in real life it was only 2 people, a kid and the older gentleman. I was listening to a interview on youtube of the survivor and he said once they released them they knew what was gonna happen. It was just a matter of getting the radios working again. To me the whole action scene was tough to watch just knowing what was going to happen and dealing with personal experiences. To me it was a great movie and a chance for people to get to see what some of the special ops people have to deal with, with decisions that are made in the absence of orders and the physical things.

Turn Off Ads?