Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think I would have zip tied them up to a tree and found my way outa there. Killing them was not really an option, against the Geneva Conventions, if anyone woulda found out, probly woulda been court martialed. We have a saying tho, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". I think in real life it was only 2 people, a kid and the older gentleman. I was listening to a interview on youtube of the survivor and he said once they released them they knew what was gonna happen. It was just a matter of getting the radios working again. To me the whole action scene was tough to watch just knowing what was going to happen and dealing with personal experiences. To me it was a great movie and a chance for people to get to see what some of the special ops people have to deal with, with decisions that are made in the absence of orders and the physical things.
    Are you special ops?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I loved "Her" and it might be my favorite movie this year. I'm very surprised that Joaquin Phoenix wasn't nominated for Best Actor.
    One of the strongest performances of the year, but after his dismissive comments last year I don't think he ever had a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    One of the strongest performances of the year, but after his dismissive comments last year I don't think he ever had a chance...
    That's probably true. It is too bad really because he is spectacular. The way they used voice tones and facial expressions was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That's probably true. It is too bad really because he is spectacular. The way they used voice tones and facial expressions was amazing.
    I didn't expect to like "Her" and had almost made up my mind that I didn't like before I saw it but by the end of the movie I thought it was great and Phoenix was awesome. Not sure if it was the best movie I saw this year but it's close.

And I know a lot of people in this thread didn't like American Hustle but I thought it was really good. I enjoyed it a great deal. I don't think it's the best movie this year but I did think it deserved a nomination.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I saw Her today, and, while it didn't tug at me quite like Inside Llewyn Davis did, I was still really affected by it. I agree, Phoenix was outstanding, but I could listen to Scarlett Johansson talk all day long.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Are you special ops?
    No, why you ask?

I think I would have zip tied them up to a tree and found my way outa there. Killing them was not really an option, against the Geneva Conventions, if anyone woulda found out, probly woulda been court martialed. We have a saying tho, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". I think in real life it was only 2 people, a kid and the older gentleman. I was listening to a interview on youtube of the survivor and he said once they released them they knew what was gonna happen. It was just a matter of getting the radios working again. To me the whole action scene was tough to watch just knowing what was going to happen and dealing with personal experiences. To me it was a great movie and a chance for people to get to see what some of the special ops people have to deal with, with decisions that are made in the absence of orders and the physical things.
    I don't know what was so great about the movie. They knew they were going to get outed, retreated then stopped and allowed themselves to get pinned down on three sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    I don't know what was so great about the movie. They knew they were going to get outed, retreated then stopped and allowed themselves to get pinned down on three sides.
    So...what would you have done...legally?

No, why you ask?
    Just curious, I found your previous post very informative. Thank you for it.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Just curious, I found your previous post very informative. Thank you for it.
    Well thanks, as you've probably noticed from our first spat, Im very passionate about what I do!!!

Watched "The House I Live In" last night.

Excellent documentary by the same guy that did "Why We Fight" about the war on drugs.

Must see if you are into docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    ^Kind of a lack of understanding of the terrain and what actually happened. Perhaps the movie made it seem this way (I don't personally feel that it did) but the book provides more detail.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    ^Kind of a lack of understanding of the terrain and what actually happened. Perhaps the movie made it seem this way (I don't personally feel that it did) but the book provides more detail.
    I think his statement was just a generalized statement, with a lack of any understanding of that type stuff. Kinda insensitive!!!

They call me "chef"

Why didn't they summon the Hulk?

18. Likes:

CoachBombay (01-22-2014)

So...what would you have done...legally?
    Kept moving.

Turn Off Ads?