Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I saw Monuments Men too, and while I love the subject matter and stellar cast, I thought the script/plot was crap. There was no explanation of the characters' motives, it constantly contradicted itself, and really there just wasn't a plot beyond "we're gonna get art back from the Nazis before the Russians get them"...
    I enjoyed the movie but there was zero character development, could have been a great movie but it was just ok.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Saw Lego movie last night and thought it was great. The animation at times was distracting to the point I missed some of the jokes. Plan on seeing it again in 3D. First movie I have seen in a long time without any agenda which was refreshing.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Agreed- there was lots of missed opportunities- great story and great cast but lousy script with too many holes.
    Someone told me the movie was originally a highly comedic farce, but when the initial cut was viewed, the decision was made (by the studio?) to twist it into a drama. I don't think they re-shot anything, just completely revamped and re-edited it. If that's the case, it could love a lot to do with holes in the script.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Saw Lego movie last night and thought it was great. The animation at times was distracting to the point I missed some of the jokes. Plan on seeing it again in 3D. First movie I have seen in a long time without any agenda which was refreshing.
    Agenda: sell more Legos

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Agenda: sell more Legos
    Absolutely.

However, it was easily the best commercial I've ever seen, and one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Saw the Lego Movie yesterday, and (this isn't going to make me any more popular on this forum!) but even tho the animation was *excellent*, I still can't figure out why everyone is so excited about it....

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Saw the Lego Movie yesterday, and (this isn't going to make me any more popular on this forum!) but even tho the animation was *excellent*, I still can't figure out why everyone is so excited about it....

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    It was very, very funny and very clever.

Kids movies that are tolerable as a parent are rare. Kids movies that are actually good are like .... Pixar. And now this. They are miracles.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

dougdirt (02-19-2014)

Guardians of the Galaxy full length trailer is out. It. Is. Glorious.

I watched part of The Counselor tonight. I knew I shouldn't have but how bad could it be, right? Pretty damn bad. I don't know what in God's name was going on there...these ridiculous side stories that aren't at all important and not clever nor funny but the characters discuss these stories like they're essential plot points...just don't watch it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mi...r-1201099921/#

Cast revealed for reboot of Fantastic Four

Apparently the studio did not get the memo Johnny and Sue Storm are siblings.

Michael B Jordan (Where's Wallace?!?!?!) and some white chick I have never heard of will play The Human Torch and Invisible Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/mi...r-1201099921/#

Cast revealed for reboot of Fantastic Four

Apparently the studio did not get the memo Johnny and Sue Storm are siblings.

Michael B Jordan (Where's Wallace?!?!?!) and some white chick I have never heard of will play The Human Torch and Invisible Woman.
    You haven't heard of Kate Mara? She is the great grandaughter of Timothy Mara, founder of the NY Giants, and of Art Rooney, founder of the Pittsburgh Steelers. She isn't an "A lister" actress but she has been regularly working in films and TV for more than a decade, with film credits that include "We Are Marshall," "Shooter," "Brokeback Mountain" and "Iron Man 2". She is a better actress than Jessica Alba (though not as attractive), the prior actress to appear as Susie Storm a/k/a the Invisible Woman.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

15. Likes:

Razor Shines (02-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    You haven't heard of Kate Mara? She is the great grandaughter of Timothy Mara, founder of the NY Giants, and of Art Rooney, founder of the Pittsburgh Steelers. She isn't an "A lister" actress but she has been regularly working in films and TV for more than a decade, with film credits that include "We Are Marshall," "Shooter," "Brokeback Mountain" and "Iron Man 2". She is a better actress than Jessica Alba (though not as attractive), the prior actress to appear as Susie Storm a/k/a the Invisible Woman.
    "House of Cards" as well.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Senor Votto

I'm with the casting of the Storms it's the other two I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Do not know how Timothy Mara is

Have heard of Art Rooney but do not know his grandchildren

Never saw We Are Marshall

Shooter looked like a joke and I did not watch it

turned Brokeback Mountain on HBO once and Jake Jyllenhaal was cleaning his privates in a stream - no thanks

Watched about half of Iron Man 2 on FX and thought it sucked, only recognized the A-listers in it

The reason I am questioning the casting of Johnny and Sue Storm is not the quality of the actors...It is the fact they are siblings and they are black and white.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 02-24-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Turn Off Ads?