Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Ok, I'm wrong about my theory that there were actually zero feature-length films made from 1960-1969.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Don't worry, I have lists for every decade. Well, at least as far back as the 1920s.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Don't worry, I have lists for every decade. Well, at least as far back as the 1920s.
    I think it is time to start adding the teens, slacker.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Seabiscuit.

Walk the Line is the one that bothers me. I think they got the spirit of the man and his relationships pretty correct but they took a less than truthful way of getting there. He was still a rotten SOB after he married June.
    I have always thought that "Ring of Fire," a song which June supposedly wrote, would have been a better title to that movie. The movie pretty well showed that Johnny most certainly did not "Walk the Line" and was unfaithful to his first wife even before June entered the scene.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Earlier this week I had a dream wherein I had a long chat with Humphrey Bogart, who appeared to be in terrific health, given that he died nearly 60 years ago. Last night I watched "Casablanca" for about the 50th time-still a terrific movie.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Ok, I didn't see the first version of Anchorman 2 but yesterday my wife and I decided to hit a matinee of Anchorman 2 the R rated version. Holy crap, we actually left in the middle of it. Not out of any notion of being offended by the material....other than that it just wasn't funny. Again, I didn't see the PG13 version, maybe that was much funnier.

The only reason I almost stayed was that I hated the idea of people in the theater thinking we were leaving because of vulgarity.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Ok, I didn't see the first version of Anchorman 2 but yesterday my wife and I decided to hit a matinee of Anchorman 2 the R rated version. Holy crap, we actually left in the middle of it. Not out of any notion of being offended by the material....other than that it just wasn't funny
    ve done this before once walked out about half way through Blues brothers 2000 just was terrible

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Ok, I didn't see the first version of Anchorman 2 but yesterday my wife and I decided to hit a matinee of Anchorman 2 the R rated version. Holy crap, we actually left in the middle of it. Not out of any notion of being offended by the material....other than that it just wasn't funny. Again, I didn't see the PG13 version, maybe that was much funnier.

The only reason I almost stayed was that I hated the idea of people in the theater thinking we were leaving because of vulgarity.
    I saw the first version. It had some funny parts in the first half. The second half was absolutely without laughs. None. Zilch. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I saw the first version. It had some funny parts in the first half. The second half was absolutely without laughs. None. Zilch. Nada.
    Ghost of Stonewall Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Ghost of Stonewall Jackson?
    That was funny...as well as Jim Carrey saying "I'm sorry" but that scene as a whole was terrible.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

When I found out that Matthew McConaughey got nominated, I just kinda laughed it off. I mean I found him somewhat entertaining in a funny kinda way but I never took him seriously. Then I saw he WON for best actor and I'll admit it I was STUNNED. McConaughey?!? Really?

So, yesterday I watched Dallas Buyers Club. Simply put. Well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    When I found out that Matthew McConaughey got nominated, I just kinda laughed it off. I mean I found him somewhat entertaining in a funny kinda way but I never took him seriously. Then I saw he WON for best actor and I'll admit it I was STUNNED. McConaughey?!? Really?

So, yesterday I watched Dallas Buyers Club. Simply put. Well deserved.
    I take it you dont watch True Detective then

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    I take it you dont watch True Detective then
    Or have seen...

The Lincoln Lawyer

or

Bernie

or

Killer Joe

or

Mud

or

Magic Mike

or

The Wolf of Wall Street

15. Likes:

Razor Shines (03-05-2014)

They call me "chef"

To be fair, half of those movies played on the coasts for 3 weeks and in the middle of the country for 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    To be fair, half of those movies played on the coasts for 3 weeks and in the middle of the country for 1.
    I watched all of them (save Wolf) on my Netflix account...

Turn Off Ads?