Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Actually I think my post was obviously facetious. I wouldn't say any of the posts in this thread were uncalled for.

Never said you had to like Inception and i really dont care if you do or not but responding to people who do like it with "kill me now" seems like you're looking down at them. Now you say you were being facetious and that's cool but it wasn't obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    If I was talking to someone and they used the word "filmic" I would respond with "kill me now."

You described a film director's short comings as tragic and I'm not supposed to make light of it?

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Owed the wife a movie after taking her to see the Avengers. She loves musicals and chose Rock of Ages. After sitting through 2 hrs of stinky cheese the next several picks will be mine. She might not get another pick until 2014 or until my next minor screw up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Owed the wife a movie after taking her to see the Avengers. She loves musicals and chose Rock of Ages. After sitting through 2 hrs of stinky cheese the next several picks will be mine. She might not get another pick until 2014 or until my next minor screw up.
    My wife has the superpower of picking the only movie in the theaters that I don't want to see (aka...anything with Matthew McConaughey). Also, her egregious decision is compounded by fact that we only see about 2 movies per year in the theater (one of the many casualties of having small children).
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    My wife has the superpower of picking the only movie in the theaters that I don't want to see (aka...anything with Matthew McConaughey). Also, her egregious decision is compounded by fact that we only see about 2 movies per year in the theater (one of the many casualties of having small children).
    So I take it that the movie Magic Mike may be in your near future, as it does star a certain Matthew.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

McConaughey has actually taken on a surprising number of interesting roles this year...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    McConaughey has actually taken on a surprising number of interesting roles this year...
    Is he going to have slicked back hair, a slight southern accent, and be sweaty in them? If not, thats not the Matthew I know (and my wife loves).
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Is he going to have slicked back hair, a slight southern accent, and be sweaty in them? If not, thats not the Matthew I know (and my wife loves).
    IIRC, in Magic Mike he's a stripper...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

[QUOTE=Ohayou;2630807]Do you think all new films and directors are just like Nolan and his work? Or do you just think he's so far above everybody else that if you don't like him, you'd have to not like movies? Either way, it's an incredibly idiotic statement to make. There are plenty of people around here who watch lots of new films and don't much like Nolan; there are plenty of us who love science fiction and don't think Inception is a very good example of it.

No I do not think all directors are like Nolan.
    No I do not and did not state that his movies were above everyone else's.
    Talk about taking things and running with them..... You must not like movies beacuse you do not like Nolan? I said that? That's what I meant? How did you take it as I meant that? Again....... your a little arrogant in your opinions and retorts.
    Assuming that I said that when I did not come close to saying that.

It had nothing to do with liking Nolan or Science Fiction...It had to do with your comment about his movies having NO Emotional depth.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I apologize, that reply was directed more towards all of Nolan's overzealous fanboys (not saying you are one) than you. It was an overreaction.

Anyways, I don't hate him, but his films, while entertaining to a degree, come off as too constructed for their own good. In other words, they're soulless.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

They call me "chef"

My biggest criticism of Nolan is he cuts some of his sequences like movie trailers with loud score & sweeping shots & quick cuts and there is no breathing room or time for the actors to emote/play or the audience to soak the subtext in. It can feel like being told plot points & events instead of the characters being shown living out those events.

I saw the movie CHRONICLE the other night and it blew my mind... definitely see it!

La Dolce Vita

i enjoyed "my week with marilyn" very much.
    teach tolerance.

Saw "Brave" on Saturday. It was funny and cute. Good movie for kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?