Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

We have a friend in town this weekend that wanted to see Divergant.

Went in not knowing a thing about it. Thought it was pretty good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

very very very disappointed in 300 Rise of an Empire

I just watched The Warriors for the first time since about 1980. It is a very good but not truly great flick.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

By the ghost of Jack Kirby! Captain America: The Winter Soldier was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I took my youngest son to see it today. He loved it and I enjoyed it. I am not a huge fan of super hero movies but I thought the newest Captain America movie was better than the first Captain America film and was well done.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Agreed. We saw it last night and I was blown out of the water. Very different from the first, but very, very good.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I saw it last night and was impressed as well. I may want to catch it another time in the theaters.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Saw Captain America over the weekend--pretty good flick---only petty complaint is they overdo it with how far he can fall and not get hurt--leaping out of buildings and off interstates with little to no damage

Since I get completely, ridiculously, stupidly irrational when the Reds play the Cards, I chose to avoid today's game and instead watched "Remember The Titans" on ABC Family this afternoon after work.

What an AMAZING movie. I cannot believe I never got around to seeing this before. Yeah, it's a bit corny and Disney-ized, but what what a great message.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Since I get completely, ridiculously, stupidly irrational when the Reds play the Cards, I chose to avoid today's game and instead watched "Remember The Titans" on ABC Family this afternoon after work.

What an AMAZING movie. I cannot believe I never got around to seeing this before. Yeah, it's a bit corny and Disney-ized, but what what a great message.
    haha I did the same. My friend came over and was like dude its bases loaded no outs. Needless to say I didnt change the channel as I already knew what the outcome would be

I watched "Knights of Badassdom" on a DVD over the weekend. The movie was made a couple of years ago but only released earlier this year. It has a good cast giving good performances, including Steve Zahn, Peter Dinklage and Summer Glau. Unfortunately, while the first half of the movie is okay (with some bad language however) with a somewhat fun depiction of LARPers, the second half has a poor script and lets down the actors and viewers alike.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Saw Captain America over the weekend--pretty good flick---only petty complaint is they overdo it with how far he can fall and not get hurt--leaping out of buildings and off interstates with little to no damage

Most of the time he was falling on his shield which is made of a substance that absorbs kinetic energy. So...science!

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Not the biggest Nolan fan, but whatever. Here you are, folks:

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

In the past week or two I have watched a few things on Netflix.

Movies: The Way Back - About escapees from a Russian Work Prison during World War II who walk across Siberia, Tibet, China and all of the way into India. I thought it was a pretty good movie and gave it five stars on Netflix. How I Live Now, which funny enough has one of the same actresses in it, though she is the main character in this one. She plays a cousin who goes to Europe and WWIII breaks out and the movie plays out as her and her family try to figure out what to do. Also gave it five stars on Netflix. Odd Thomas. Very interesting thriller as the main character can see things that help him predict parts of the future in the small town that he lives in. Five stars. Entity. Another scary movie where a team goes in to a place to document a psychic trying to solve a long lost mystery that gets well out of control. There is an interesting twist or two. Maybe not for everyone, but I gave it four stars.

Comedy Specials: Steve Byrne: Champion. Loved it. Very funny. Five stars. Sklar Brothers: What are we talking about. That's a good question because I have no clue. It had a few funny moments, but overall, it sucked. And I like Randy and Jason, but that one just missed the mark for me. Three stars because it wasn't God-awful.

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-18-2014)

I watched the last 40 minutes of fast and furious 6 before game of thrones last night....are people serious about this pile of crap? god that was awful. Between Tyreese, The rock, Ludacris, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker there were more cheesy lines and bad acting than a 90s power rangers episode(but I actually enjoyed those)

Turn Off Ads?