Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

NVM

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    To piggyback on what I just wrote, I am bitterly disappointed that the new Star Wars movie is going to involve the old characters. That tethers the story to the previous timeline and potentially limits what the story can do. It can also lead to some annoyingly and needlessly corny moments (like all of the C3P0/R2D2 stuff in the prequels).

Lucas built an excellent sandbox of a universe full of toys to play with. Make another story. Start another mythological tale in that universe. You have all of time and all of that universe to play with. I really don't want to see a sad old Han Solo.
    I don't think the old crew is going to have much of a role in the new movies. I actually think Han and Chewie are going to die early. Harrison Ford wanted Han to die in RotJ, so he may have only agreed to be in the new one as long as he dies.

Either way, I would not expect them to be major characters, I think the main reason for them being in the movie is introducing the new characters, which I expect one/two of them to be the child(ren) of Han and Leia.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Jupiter Ascending delayed from July 18th to Feb. 6th, 2015.

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Jupiter Ascending delayed from July 18th to Feb. 6th, 2015.

That just tells me that they know its a terrible movie.

6. Likes:

Degenerate39 (06-20-2014)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'm hearing it's an FX delay. Warner, however, addressed the February date, stating that it was not a "dumping ground", merely an alternative slot, and The Lego Movie did quite well there, and it's a less competitive playing field. That actually makes me believe they have no faith in the film.

Still, after having my mind blown by Cloud Atlas and Speed Racer, I'll see anything The Wachowskis do.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I'm hearing it's an FX delay. Warner, however, addressed the February date, stating that it was not a "dumping ground", merely an alternative slot, and The Lego Movie did quite well there, and it's a less competitive playing field. That actually makes me believe they have no faith in the film.

Still, after having my mind blown by Cloud Atlas and Speed Racer, I'll see anything The Wachowskis do.
    Yea, the industry refers to February as "Dumpruary"

Edge of Tomorrow was fantastic (despite Tom Cruise and the terrible title - how is that better than "All You Need is Kill?")

Anyways, was different, exciting, and excellent effects.

Grade: A - 9/10 - Must see in the theater for any sci fi geek

Dont count me out yet guys....I need to finish what I started

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-a-possibility

So about 8 years ago my brother was the lead in a movie......here ya go

The story of Johnny Clem, from Newark Ohio, who served as a drummer boy for the Union Army in the Civil War and then becoming the youngest noncommissioned officer in American History.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Clem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-O5yrILY-8

Saw "A Million Ways to Die in the West". It was stupid but right about as stupid as I thought it was going to be. I don't know why it's getting so trashed by critics, I think it did exactly what it set out to do. Gross adolescent humor is funny to me on occasion and I thought this movie was funny.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Saw "A Million Ways to Die in the West". It was stupid but right about as stupid as I thought it was going to be. I don't know why it's getting so trashed by critics, I think it did exactly what it set out to do. Gross adolescent humor is funny to me on occasion and I thought this movie was funny.
    Agreed. I usually don't like stupid juvenile humor kinds of movies, but this one was fun. I thought parts of it were hysterical, and even tho I'm usually not a fan of "bathroom" humor at all, I about fell out of my seat laughing at poor Neil Patrick Harris's character during the gunfight....

and seriously, it's Seth Macfarlane, how adult did *anyone* expect it to be! lol!

We saw How To Train Your Dragon 2 monday night, and it's *excellent*. Better than the first, had a good storyline, and the animation was just astounding. The look and "feel" of Toothless' skin was just.. wow. some of the most realistically "leathery" look I've ever seen animation capture. Definitely worth seeing.

Saw Edge of Tomorrow and I liked it. It did well because it had a tight script that didn't explore all the complicated specifics that I imagine the book details.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 06-19-2014 at 02:30 AM.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-19-2014)

Saw Edge of Tomorrow yesterday but I don't know how. It was very good.

Just finished watching David Wain's new one "They Came Together" and I loved it. One of the best movies I've seen this year, certainly my favorite David Wain movie. You can download it, it's worth it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-07-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

Just finished watching David Wain's new one "They Came Together" and I loved it. One of the best movies I've seen this year, certainly my favorite David Wain movie. You can download it, it's worth it.
    Weird. I came here to write about what a piece of crap it was. I will watch anything. Seriously. One time in my life have I sat down to watch a movie and not made it through. Kung Pow! Enter the Fist. That's it. It's the only movie.

Paul Rudd? Love him.
    Amy Poehler? Lover her.

I didn't make it through the entire movie in the first sitting. I understand what it was trying to do. It just didn't work. It wasn't funny. It was just stupid. I finished it the next day and regret it. It was a turd sandwich of a movie. It should have joined Kung Pow! as the only movie I didn't make it through.

Turn Off Ads?