Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

They call me "chef"

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Well, I thought Kung Pow was the most ridiculous and stupidest movie I've ever seen in theatres and I loved it so I'll take a look at They Came Together.
    Cincinnati Reds 2014 W-L Record: 76.6-85.4*

Cincinnati Reds 2015 W-L Record: TBA

*UPDATED: 2/11/2014

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-07-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Weird. I came here to write about what a piece of crap it was. I will watch anything. Seriously. One time in my life have I sat down to watch a movie and not made it through. Kung Pow! Enter the Fist. That's it. It's the only movie.

Paul Rudd? Love him.
    Amy Poehler? Lover her.

I didn't make it through the entire movie in the first sitting. I understand what it was trying to do. It just didn't work. It wasn't funny. It was just stupid. I finished it the next day and regret it. It was a turd sandwich of a movie. It should have joined Kung Pow! as the only movie I didn't make it through.
    Well. Uh. I like to think that, particularly in comedy, I have a good sense for what works and what doesn't but it's entirely possible that I have no idea and I'm a moron who will laugh at anything. And if that's the case, that's cool I still thought it was hilarious.

I was the victim of a joke earlier and thought I'd pass it on... my Reds fan Uncle called me and said:

Do you know silent films are making a comeback? They're releasing one soon.

I said really, that's interesting.

He said, ya its called "The Bats of Cincinnati" and it was filmed in San Diego this week.

Ouch. I was burned.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

6. Likes:

KittyDuran (07-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I was the victim of a joke earlier and thought I'd pass it on... my Reds fan Uncle called me and said:

Do you know silent films are making a comeback? They're releasing one soon.

I said really, that's interesting.

He said, ya its called "The Bats of Cincinnati" and it was filmed in San Diego this week.

Ouch. I was burned.
    Your uncle is a jerk. I like him.

8. Likes:

KittyDuran (07-04-2014)

Last night I watched Grand Piano on Netflix. Interesting movie. I enjoyed it.

Can we put together a petition so that the big dumb action movies that are really designed for the international audiences just get released to international audiences? Instead of straight to video or straight to on demand we can have the "straight to China" designation for any Transformers movie.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Can we put together a petition so that the big dumb action movies that are really designed for the international audiences just get released to international audiences? Instead of straight to video or straight to on demand we can have the "straight to China" designation for any Transformers movie.
    I don't like the Transformers sequels, but why does it matter if it is released here? Just don't go see it.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    We can simplify that down and just ban Michael Bay movies

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don't like the Transformers sequels, but why does it matter if it is released here? Just don't go see it.
    We could focus our energies on making better, more original movies for the American audience.

Why though? If people like his movies, who am I to judge?

I know he makes crap, but I just don't watch his movies.

Why though? If people like his movies, who am I to judge?

I know he makes crap, but I just don't watch his movies.
    a better America starts with better movies...duh

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

There are a finite number of movie theaters in this country, and the one near me isn't offering Snowpiercer so it can have Transformers on 20 screens...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    There are a finite number of movie theaters in this country, and the one near me isn't offering Snowpiercer so it can have Transformers on 20 screens...
    That is part of it.

Certainly part of my feeling is one of nostalgia. Everyone overrates the things of their childhood.

It cool is really cool when the mainstream movies that are in the cultural zeitgeist are original(ish), artistic, and entertaining. It doesn't happen all the time, but years like 1999, 1994, and 1988 come to mind.

If you search "2010 movies" in google, it brings up the most frequently mentioned movies of each year and you can scroll through them. After about 2001, a large chunk of them are franchises. I can enjoy those movies, but none of them really capture my imagination.

An example of what I am talking about is the Matrix. That movie did everything you could want a movie to do. It was visually pleasing, mind bending, and original. So, I went into the theater with no expectations except the buzz about it. It was so much fun. The original Star Wars had a similar effect.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Does Avatar count?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    You know what's great about things these days.... you don't always have to go to a theater to see a new movie. More and more we are seeing movies going straight to on-demand either through your cable/satellite provider or through various online outlets.

Turn Off Ads?