Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    There are a finite number of movie theaters in this country, and the one near me isn't offering Snowpiercer so it can have Transformers on 20 screens...
    IT just showed up as rentable on my xbox360 dashboard.... so I'm sure you can rent/download it from some service and watch it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Saw Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. Even with the old series, I always thought it was odd that you have monkeys that want to be free yet they are riding horses which are also animals.

However, good movie.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

4. Likes:

dougdirt (07-16-2014),RedTeamGo! (07-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It's on my list right now. It's not in English though, so I can't watch it while I'm working at all, so it may be a while until I get a chance to watch it.
    Do yourself a favor, take a few hours and watch it ASAP.

One of the best movies ever filmed.

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Do yourself a favor, take a few hours and watch it ASAP.

One of the best movies ever filmed.
    It's been on my watch list for a while simply from the aspect that it includes photography. I've heard nothing but good things, but really, it might have to wait another seven weeks before I get around to it.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Saw Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes. Even with the old series, I always thought it was odd that you have monkeys that want to be free yet they are riding horses which are also animals.

However, good movie.
    You could argue that language is what the smart apes/humans from horses and other animals. When Ceasar says "NO!" for the first time, it is a very significant moment in defining the apes as individuals with language who can exercise their freedom. I haven't seen this newest movie but I'd guess that the apes would have a stronger empathy for all animals yet still view non-language speaking animals as "animals" and not people or individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post

However, good movie.
    They went on a deer/elk hunt and ended up killing a bear and bringing it back to camp, I thought apes were herbivores? I really liked the movie but it would have been better had a human uttered "get your paws off me you damn dirty apes!"
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    They went on a deer/elk hunt and ended up killing a bear and bringing it back to camp, I thought apes were herbivores? I really liked the movie but it would have been better had a human uttered "get your paws off me you damn dirty apes!"
    I was wondering the same thing. What were they going to do with deer?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Wear the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Perhaps humans were herbivores as well until they developed the weapons and knowledge to hunt, cook, and eat animals.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  7.4 KB

Obviously late to the game, but watched War of the Worlds on HBO Ondemand late Saturday night after walking up in the middle of the night and not being able to sleep. I really enjoyed the beginning of the movie thru the first hour and a half or so, however knowing that the movie was 2 hours long, it got me thinking, how the heck are they going to end this in half an hour. Perhaps I missed a bit withe volume down low so as to not wake the wife or kids, but it seems like Tom Cruise spends the entire movie having everything happen to him and never develops or formulates a plan to end the attack. Good action flick with a dissapointing ending. Spoiler: I like that the aliens were brought to their end due to the influence of God and not being able to adapt to microorganisms present in our world, just seems like it could have been played out a little better, or had Cruise coming to the conclusion that is why they were starting to faulter.

Also watched Tommy Boy over the weekend, I've probably seen that movie at least 25 times, it still makes me laugh.

I saw "Boyhood" this weekend. It was a pretty cool movie. It was shot with the same cast starting in 2002 and ending in 2013 and basically follows a family growing up with the boy starting at age 5 until he is a freshmen in college. I thought it was a cool idea and was well put together. I think it is in pretty limited release and is about 3 hours long, but I would recommend it if you get the chance.

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-21-2014),Razor Shines (07-21-2014),RedTeamGo! (07-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Obviously late to the game, but watched War of the Worlds on HBO Ondemand late Saturday night after walking up in the middle of the night and not being able to sleep. I really enjoyed the beginning of the movie thru the first hour and a half or so, however knowing that the movie was 2 hours long, it got me thinking, how the heck are they going to end this in half an hour. Perhaps I missed a bit withe volume down low so as to not wake the wife or kids, but it seems like Tom Cruise spends the entire movie having everything happen to him and never develops or formulates a plan to end the attack. Good action flick with a dissapointing ending. Spoiler: I like that the aliens were brought to their end due to the influence of God and not being able to adapt to microorganisms present in our world, just seems like it could have been played out a little better, or had Cruise coming to the conclusion that is why they were starting to faulter.
    Where are you coming up with this "God intervention" ending?

I have seen that movie a couple times (don't know why as it is an average at best movie), and I did not see where they talked about it being a result of God. I compare it to world history, for example a boat full of Spaniards killing millions of people in South America through disease.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Where are you coming up with this "God intervention" ending?

I have seen that movie a couple times (don't know why as it is an average at best movie), and I did not see where they talked about it being a result of God. I compare it to world history, for example a boat full of Spaniards killing millions of people in South America through disease.
    There could be a disconnect on my part due to the volume being low, but I thought they mentioned that the aliens died off b/c of the microorganisms in everyday pant life that humans have adapted to, but alien life couldn't adapt. I don't know if they implicitly evoked God's name (or mother nature or whatever) but I took it as part of the natural order and protection of the Earth from its infancy. Volume was low, so I could have missed some things. I'd say the first 1:30 was well above average, the ending just left a lot to be desired, below average final 30 min. Overall, average is probably a good rating.

Just finished the documentary "Tim's Vermeer". Loved it. Even if you don't care about art, it's really cool.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Just finished the documentary "Tim's Vermeer". Loved it. Even if you don't care about art, it's really cool.
    I second this completely. People are smart and innovative and I love it.

Turn Off Ads?