Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1062

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Senor Votto

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

My favorite Marvel movie other than Captain America 2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I give Guardians of the Galaxy an "incomplete" for me. I got sucked into seeing it in 3D and it was a horrible mistake. It was so disorienting that it was hard for me to pay attention to the movie or really get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I give Guardians of the Galaxy an "incomplete" for me. I got sucked into seeing it in 3D and it was a horrible mistake. It was so disorienting that it was hard for me to pay attention to the movie or really get into it.
    Shoot! I'm wanting to see it in IMAX 3D before TMNT takes over...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The 3D gave me a headache.

The 3D gave me a headache.
    Do you always get headaches viewing 3D? IIRC there is a percentage of the population that cannot watch in 3D (10-15%?).
    The only time that happened with me was when I wore my "multi-focal" contacts. When I wear regular contacts or just glasses I'm fine.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Do you always get headaches viewing 3D? IIRC there is a percentage of the population that cannot watch in 3D (10-15%?).
    The only time that happened with me was when I wore my "multi-focal" contacts. When I wear regular contacts or just glasses I'm fine.
    This is me! When I saw Captain America 2 in 3D I got to a point where I just wanted out of the theater. My head and eyes hurt.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I think part of the problem is that I wear glasses and most theaters (if any) don't have clip on 3D glasses. I was sitting there, struggling with putting the 3D glasses over my glasses. It made the perception of the movie very weird.

I think part of the problem is that I wear glasses and most theaters (if any) don't have clip on 3D glasses. I was sitting there, struggling with putting the 3D glasses over my glasses. It made the perception of the movie very weird.
    Same here
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

10. Likes:

MikeThierry (08-04-2014)

Going to see Guardians this morning, If it's anything less than the greatest film of all time, I will demand a refund from all of you.

12. Likes:

KittyDuran (08-05-2014),LoganBuck (08-05-2014),MikeThierry (08-05-2014)

Guardians of the Galaxy was great. Couldn't help but wonder if this is how science fiction fans felt with Star Wars in 1977. It was a fun movie and I am glad it is doing well. I think this is how Deadpool needs to be with the humor yet like Watchman with the violence.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

14. Likes:

MikeThierry (08-06-2014)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The post credit scene has the greatest cameo of all time.
    I laughed so hard, and I think I was the only person in the theater who knew what was going on. Talk about an absolutely perfect drop in for a movie that embraces the 80s so much.

Just a fantastic film all around. Funny without being silly or campy, serious/heartfelt in exactly the right places, and two of the best realized CGI characters ever. The genre hasn't had an original (non-reboot / sequel) this good since "The Fifth Element" and this movie blows that away. Genuinely excited for this franchise going forward.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

16. Likes:

Raisor (08-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    "The Fifth Element" and this movie blows that away.
    I definitely disagree with this statement.

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was ok. I would give it a solid "B" grade. Nothing special IMHO though, it was a bit too cartoonish. My biggest beef with these Marvel movies is the over reliance on CGI. I felt the same about The Avengers. The last 30 minutes of that movie was like watching a saturday morning cartoon.

The cheesiness of the "friends" parts was making me squirm in my seat as well.

18. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-11-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I definitely disagree with this statement.

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was ok. I would give it a solid "B" grade. Nothing special IMHO though, it was a bit too cartoonish. My biggest beef with these Marvel movies is the over reliance on CGI. I felt the same about The Avengers. The last 30 minutes of that movie was like watching a saturday morning cartoon.

The cheesiness of the "friends" parts was making me squirm in my seat as well.
    It is a movie based on a comic book! You aren't getting Silver Linings Playbook.

I saw the Ninja Turtles movie this weekend. It's about as simple as it gets, but I really liked it. Nostalgia and all that certainly helps in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    It is a movie based on a comic book! You aren't getting Silver Linings Playbook.
    Yeah, I get that, but the countless aliens that the superheroes beat up in both Avengers and Guardians were just so cartoonish looking.

It makes the action boring.

I was a pretty big comic book geek as a teenager, so I am certainly not ripping on comic books. With that said, I don't see why everything has to be on such a grand scale with these Marvel movies. It seems like every movie they go with a city being destroyed. It is seriously every single one.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 08-11-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Turn Off Ads?