Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fangraphs: Top 15 Prospects (REDS!)

High five!

Fangraphs: Top 15 Prospects (REDS!)

Article here.

Even with the trade dust now settled, though, the farm system still boasts some high ceiling prospects, as well as a plethora of interesting sleeper prospects.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fangraphs: Top 15 Prospects (REDS!)

It's kind of interesting list, and a little hard to get a handle on. For instance, it looks to me as though he emphasizes upside (Hamilton-Corcino-Stephenson as 2-3-4), but then has Frazier at No. 6. And Yorman down at 15. I have to conclude that he's pretty open-minded. I guess I'm most surprised that he has Soto so low (#13), although he describes him as "one of my favorite B-level prospects." That seems to be the biggest deviation from our list, other than Yorman--along with his liking for Ryan Wright and Sean Buckley.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Ryan Wright. Take that!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

The glowing comments on Soto and then his ultimate ranking make no sense to me either, mace.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Personally, I love that it's so heavy with shortstops.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming minor league season. Many Reds prospects are poised to make the jump to AA or AAA this year, simply based on age, physical maturing, and the stats they put up last season, especially the second half.

Again, should make for an interesting season for the Reds minor leagues.

Bakersfield is going to be stacked and likely to score 5+ runs per game. You'll quickly find out which pitchers are for real and the helium behind offensive players like Hamilton, Lutz, Vidal, and others may allow for multiple Top 100 prospects or a deal in the middle of the season.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Bakersfield is going to be stacked and likely to score 5+ runs per game. You'll quickly find out which pitchers are for real and the helium behind offensive players like Hamilton, Lutz, Vidal, and others may allow for multiple Top 100 prospects or a deal in the middle of the season.
    Completely agree. I think if Lutz plays the whole season in Bakersfield, the over/under on his home runs should be about 30. That being said, I think we should challenge our hitters and I would like to see Lutz, Vidal & Hamilton all bumped to Pensacola at the all-star break if the mash like they should in the California League for the first half.

Ryan Wright is going to surprise a lot of you this year and hit his ass of while still fielding an incredibly dependable second base.

The fangraphs rating shows that Ryan struggles in the field and that was enough to make me stop reading right there.

Turn Off Ads?