Turn Off Ads?

Thread: OT - Moerlein Lager House

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

OT - Moerlein Lager House

I own a business that sells antiques and we make retro furniture too ---

I just sold a counter & a bench to the people running this restaurant --

The Reds connection?

He showed me a picture of a plaque in the floor that marks exactly where 1B used to be in Riverfront -- it is in the middle of their place which is opening in about 10 days.

Someday I'd love to down a good porter while standing on the Big Dog's hallowed ground.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OT - Moerlein Lager House

That is pretty cool.

That is absolutely awesome. I know where I'm going before the games this summer!

In a kind of related story that takes place roughly five years ago: A few of my friends all lived in the same house across town that's your stereotypical party house. I wake up around noon one day on my day off (second shift!) and around 1 pm and head there to see what's going on, as there's always something going on over at the house...

When I get there two of my three friends that live there are there getting ready for work. The other one decided to spend the day with his girlfriend. I talk for a second and say I'm going to head home since there was nothing going on and they stop me.

They then tell me a remarkable tale: "Last night at the bar, the bartender told us that they got a keg sent to them from their distributor that they didn't order. The distributor refused to take it back and said they would just write it off and told them to return the keg for deposit. It's a pretty good beer so the bar didn't think their customers would buy it. They gave it to us under the condition we return the empty keg." Needless to say it was a full untapped keg of Christian Moerlein Chocolate Stout. My buddies handed me the remote and a pint glass and said "We only have to work a half day so we should be back by 5 or 6. We'll stop at the liquor store on the way home and when we get here, there better be a raging party going on. And keep a tally of how many you drink...because it will be funny." I hadn't even eaten breakfast yet and drank over 23 pints of it. Glorious day...but the next morning was absolute hell.
    Last edited by joshua; 02-20-2012 at 01:43 AM.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Oddly -- stout & porters don't seem to leave me with the typical hangover -- and I've given them plenty of chances!

I would have gladly helped you empty that keg but 23 might have been beyond my limit.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Unfortunately, I don't think this place will be a great pre or post game option. Sure, they'll succeed just because of their location, but I know someone who's been hired there and apparently, the place is going the fine dining route. Big mistake
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

MJ had a restaurant here in CH a few years back- on Franklin St right off campus-and tried to go fine dining, a big mistake there too-should have been a regular sports bar and would have done great just off his name.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Fine dining? Across the street from a ballpark? There's a poor business decision if I ever saw one....

Quote Originally Posted by brad1176 View Post
    Fine dining? Across the street from a ballpark? There's a poor business decision if I ever saw one....
    I don't fault the location so much as the name. When I hear "Lager House", fancy food isn't the first thing that jumps to mind.
    Sto Pro Veritate

The restaurant will accommodate 500 indoor patrons and seating for 600 in its outdoor beer gardens and will feature on-site brewing. Tours of the restaurant's brewery will be available.

Turn Off Ads?