Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Think I'd rather have Mike Tolbert than either of those 2 RB's. Bush is a decent backup but I don't think much of Hillis he IMO has been exposed as a RB. Neither make for a good RB if they have to start. Like Mario M. over Colston as I think Colston might have a bit higher price tag. Like Michael Griffin ever so slightly over Landry simply due to health issues. Wouldn't draft Kirkpatrick at all, not seeing him doing well in the NFL at CB. Barron only in the 2nd IMO.
    I like Barron better than that and would be elated to have him in the 2nd (would be happy with him at 21).

I'd be happy with Griffin and/or Manningham- although I think the latter may command a "Super Bowl premium" a la Dexter Jackson from a few years back.

I'd still much prefer Bush or even Hillis (on a 1 yr) to Tolbert, who I think is more of a goalline back and has little big play ability.

I have no interest in Jenkins at 17 or Miller at 21. I'd prefer to get Richardson, Floyd or DeCastro at 17, and Glenn or one of the Bama DBs at 21. Jenkins would be tolerable at 21 if all my other guys were off the board. No thanks to Miller in the 1st round.

Agree with your cuts (Crocker and Geathers) although I am intrigued by Mays "big play ability" on Special Teams. Agreed he's likely not an NFL Safety.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

DeCastro will never fall that low.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I know it's ESPN, but they have us taking DeCastro with our 2nd pick in their latest mock. I don't see that happening either.

Regarding Wallace. I heard Schefter talking this morning about his situation. He said the Steelers will likely just offer him a 1st round comp contract (not sure of the exact wording). He said both that way and a franchise tag will cost a 1st round pick but the 1st round comp offer won't have near the cap hit for the Steelers.

Schefter mentioned not only the Bengals but also the Ravens and Pats who could get involved with Wallace. Wallace with the Bengals would really make the offense better. It would open up the underneath game for a TE and slot WR (Shipply). His speed along with Green would force some over the top coverage from Safety's and really open up the offense. I don't see it happening, but if your going to use a 1st round pick, Wallace would be a nice choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Regarding Wallace. I heard Schefter talking this morning about his situation. He said the Steelers will likely just offer him a 1st round comp contract (not sure of the exact wording). He said both that way and a franchise tag will cost a 1st round pick but the 1st round comp offer won't have near the cap hit for the Steelers.Schefter mentioned not only the Bengals but also the Ravens and Pats who could get involved with Wallace. Wallace with the Bengals would really make the offense better. It would open up the underneath game for a TE and slot WR (Shipply). His speed along with Green would force some over the top coverage from Safety's and really open up the offense. I don't see it happening, but if your going to use a 1st round pick, Wallace would be a nice choice.
    Schefter is only right on this if no other team offers him a hefty contract. If they do then the Steelers will take a big cap hit should they decide to keep Wallace. The issue here isn't a cap hit. It's whether they want to keep him or not. I think it's going to cost them a ton in cap space if they want him regardless

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Regarding Wallace. I heard Schefter talking this morning about his situation. He said the Steelers will likely just offer him a 1st round comp contract (not sure of the exact wording). He said both that way and a franchise tag will cost a 1st round pick but the 1st round comp offer won't have near the cap hit for the Steelers.

Schefter mentioned not only the Bengals but also the Ravens and Pats who could get involved with Wallace. Wallace with the Bengals would really make the offense better. It would open up the underneath game for a TE and slot WR (Shipply). His speed along with Green would force some over the top coverage from Safety's and really open up the offense. I don't see it happening, but if your going to use a 1st round pick, Wallace would be a nice choice.
    In theory yeah but the defense will only do such a thing if they believe Dalton can consistently beat them over the top. In order for that to be so the OL needs improved and we need to hope Dalton's arm strength improves some, at times last year he struggled with it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I worry about Dalton throwing deep balls. AJ Green had to circle back and basically "jump ball" most of the deep routes last season. I'm not sure Wallace is the perfect fit, especially if we had to give up a 1st rounder in addition to the big deal.

What we need out of the #2 WR spot IMO is another TJ Houshmandzadeh circa 2005.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Kiper has him rated #17 on his latest Big Board. Just saying...
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I worry about Dalton throwing deep balls. AJ Green had to circle back and basically "jump ball" most of the deep routes last season. I'm not sure Wallace is the perfect fit, especially if we had to give up a 1st rounder in addition to the big deal.

What we need out of the #2 WR spot IMO is another TJ Houshmandzadeh circa 2005.
    As much as I'd like to have Wallace and the Steelers not to, I agree with you.

What are the chances Jerome Simpson goes to prison?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

And hooks up with Burt Reynolds?

I say no to Wallace, who will command a big deal. It's much cheaper to build through the draft with the CBA. I bet Mike Brown does too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...e-dalton-yates

"Andy Dalton has thrived this season when throwing deep. Dalton ranks eighth in the league in yards per attempt (13.3), eighth in plays of 30-plus yards (17) and 10th in total EPA (Expected Points Added) with 34.6."

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...e-dalton-yates

"Andy Dalton has thrived this season when throwing deep. Dalton ranks eighth in the league in yards per attempt (13.3), eighth in plays of 30-plus yards (17) and 10th in total EPA (Expected Points Added) with 34.6."
    That's mainly thanks to some phenomenal plays by AJ Green
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Or the witness protection program...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?