Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Well, I was wrong on Decastro's agility. He pretty much solidified his status. Cordy Glenn running a 5.15 40, at 345? Wow.
    Well DeCastro didn't run very well 5.43 below average. Doesn't seem to jibe with his gametape but who knows. The thing I like about Glenn is he has the measurements to be a potential RT down the road if need be and I'm not sure Andre Smith will remain a Bengal when he comes a FA. I'd hate to invest the contract he'll no doubt be looking for on a season or 2 of good but not stellar play. Having Glenn at RG would give the Bengals some leverage in such a situation at the very least. Not sure about his feet/quickness but it seems at least possible.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Well DeCastro didn't run very well 5.43 below average. Doesn't seem to jibe with his gametape but who knows. The thing I like about Glenn is he has the measurements to be a potential RT down the road if need be and I'm not sure Andre Smith will remain a Bengal when he comes a FA. I'd hate to invest the contract he'll no doubt be looking for on a season or 2 of good but not stellar play. Having Glenn at RG would give the Bengals some leverage in such a situation at the very least. Not sure about his feet/quickness but it seems at least possible.
    DeCastro looked better in the cones and position drills than I expected. The reason I expected him to drop is because pretty much every year, the top guard comes to the combine, and "disappoints". Guards are more of a 2nd-4th round position. Teams are looking for confirmation biases. Decastro did everything I expect an interior lineman to do. Glenn does provide insurance against Smith leaving. I just don't want to give Andre Smith a big payday. I read were he was like the 13th best statistical tackle in the league this season (Whitworth was like 5th). I worry that he will go back to being a slob if the carrot is taken away.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    DeCastro looked better in the cones and position drills than I expected. The reason I expected him to drop is because pretty much every year, the top guard comes to the combine, and "disappoints". Guards are more of a 2nd-4th round position. Teams are looking for confirmation biases. Decastro did everything I expect an interior lineman to do. Glenn does provide insurance against Smith leaving. I just don't want to give Andre Smith a big payday. I read were he was like the 13th best statistical tackle in the league this season (Whitworth was like 5th). I worry that he will go back to being a slob if the carrot is taken away.
    Agree with the Andre situation. One stellar season would set him up for a monster deal and I suspect that could be the end for him, might get one more decent season but I wouldn't expect more than that.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

The thing I like about Glenn is he has the measurements to be a potential RT down the road if need be and I'm not sure Andre Smith will remain a Bengal when he comes a FA.
    I think that's a great point and hopefully something the Bengals consider.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think that's a great point and hopefully something the Bengals consider.
    Also Bobby Massie in the 2nd ala Whitworth. Use him as a OG now and an OT in the future. Killing 2 birds with one stone is wise way to go.

--Woody Hayes

Also Bobby Massie in the 2nd ala Whitworth. Use him as a OG now and an OT in the future. Killing 2 birds with one stone is wise way to go.
    I do think it is a wise strategy. I'd make Andre prove he's legit a second year and a Glenn and/or Massie as a backup plan is a wise strategy. If Andre does well, you can always franchise him for a year and then work out something longer term. I'm just afraid Mikey uses this offseason to give fat contracts to guys like Smith who haven't totally proven themselves (like Gathers a few years ago) instead of using money at a few key spots in free agency.

Jerome Simpson pleads guilty. Could get up to 60 days in the hole.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/C...-charge-030112

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Not going to happen. I'll bet you on it. Specifically with Rice.
    Further affirmation:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oing-anywhere/
    Go BLUE!!!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Bengals use franchise tag on Nugent. Championship!
    Witty signature.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

All reports have Tampa taking Richardson as they absolutely love him, however things could change between now and the draft. I would imagine things will heat up if the Cards are on the clock and Richardson is still there.

As far as tagging Nugent I have no problem with it. I'd rather tag him then Nelson who is average at best at the safety position, no use paying him top 5 money when he isn't top 5 talent. I'd rather pay money to Landry.

Why do I have the feeling with 60 million the Bengals will sit on their hands with Nate Livings as the only signing.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Not a fan of that move. If Richardson falls to them at 17, they should, as I read elsewhere, make light speed to the podium. But there is enough running back talent that I'd rather see them draft a solid OG and a lesser RB than trade the opportunity to improve the line in lieu of a running back that is going to need that line.

Actually, if Richardson fell to them at 17, what I wouldn't mind seeing is them trade down and get both of New England's First round picks as well as one of their second rounders. Then with the five picks in the first two rounds draft CB, DL, OG, OG, RB in no particular order.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Not a fan of that move. If Richardson falls to them at 17, they should, as I read elsewhere, make light speed to the podium. But there is enough running back talent that I'd rather see them draft a solid OG and a lesser RB than trade the opportunity to improve the line in lieu of a running back that is going to need that line.

Actually, if Richardson fell to them at 17, what I wouldn't mind seeing is them trade down and get both of New England's First round picks as well as one of their second rounders. Then with the five picks in the first two rounds draft CB, DL, OG, OG, RB in no particular order.
    The only problem there is that NE has to offer you that much and I don't see that happening

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Lewis/Gruden seem to be really high on Pead.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    A little surprised the Bengals haven't signed anyone yet in FA. even a second- tier player would send a message.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?