Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

People keep missing the other name, that the Bengals have actually been tied to. So many UC fans keep wishing for Pead, and the Bengals have been tied to him, but there has been another guy mentioned. Marvin Lewis and Crew have been keeping tabs on LaMichael James. There is your explosive guy, who is a good receiver, who they can move around to exploit the defense. Sign me up for James way before the line begins for Pead.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    People keep missing the other name, that the Bengals have actually been tied to. So many UC fans keep wishing for Pead, and the Bengals have been tied to him, but there has been another guy mentioned. Marvin Lewis and Crew have been keeping tabs on LaMichael James. There is your explosive guy, who is a good receiver, who they can move around to exploit the defense. Sign me up for James way before the line begins for Pead.
    I'd be all over that, especially considering how his stock has fallen compared to Polk and Miller. He could complement Green-Ellis quite well; BJGE could handle runs between the tackles, blocking, and red zone duties, while James could break big runs in space, compete in the return game, and be a dangerous receiving option. IMO, that's worth our second round pick. Pick up Glenn/Decastro in the first round to fill out the line and a receiver to replace Simpson, and you have a real offense on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    I'd be all over that, especially considering how his stock has fallen compared to Polk and Miller. He could complement Green-Ellis quite well; BJGE could handle runs between the tackles, blocking, and red zone duties, while James could break big runs in space, compete in the return game, and be a dangerous receiving option. IMO, that's worth our second round pick. Pick up Glenn/Decastro in the first round to fill out the line and a receiver to replace Simpson, and you have a real offense on your hands.
    I like it
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Heck pick Simpson back up on the cheap, with Caldwell gone, there is room.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Here is a some evidence on the LaMichael James thing

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/15...-of-oregon-pro

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Here is a some evidence on the LaMichael James thing

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/15...-of-oregon-pro
    Think I'd rather have Pead. Better fit, just as good Speed Score and without all the baggage. Check out this piece originally from FO, it's a very good read and seems to do a pretty good job of predicting future success at the NFL level.

Bengals forum link

At Football Outsiders, we're not really interested in a bunch of numbers if they don't mean anything. So we did some research to figure out which combine performances really matter. No combine figure is ever going to be a foolproof indicator, but we have found that some drills are worth paying attention to at certain positions. For running backs, that drill is the 40-yard dash. Bill Barnwell, the former FO writer who now writes for Grantland, took the 40, adjusted it based on player weight and came up with a metric that has a surprising level of relevance: Speed Score.

On its own, 40 time correlates with future success less than some fans might expect. But not all 40 times are created equal because not every player is running with the same body. When a 225-pound player runs a 4.48 40-yard dash, it's a lot more impressive than that same 40 time from player who weighs 185 pounds. On top of that, the range of 40 times for running backs is so small (from about 4.2 seconds to 4.9 seconds) that even a minuscule difference can be valuable. Times of 4.41 and 4.51 might look roughly similar, but, in the NFL, holes can close up just that quickly.

Adjust for those factors and you get the formula for Speed Score: (weight * 200)/40 time^4. Multiplying the player's weight by 200 conveniently scales the metric so that an average Speed Score is right around 100. The average first-round pick approaches a Speed Score of 112.
    L. Miller - 212 pounds, 4.4 flat combine 40 - Speed Score 113.1 (Best speed score this season although T. Richardson didn't run)
    L. James - 194 pounds, 4.45 - 98.9
    I. Pead - 197 pounds, 4.47 - 98.7
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    The Bengals just signed two scouts. Did Mike Brown die?
    Witty signature.

Jamaal Anderson, Derrick Harvey, Pac-Man and Anthony Collins all signed today. Excellent moves for depth. Re-sign Pat Sims and I think they can wait until the 4th to draft a DT unless someone just falls to them.

Still need RG, WR2, CB, and a back to go with BJGE. I'm guessing those positions are where they go in the first three rounds.

I was sort of hoping the Pac Man era was over.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I was sort of hoping the Pac Man era was over.
    Still could be. I think they'll still take a corner early. Then it would most likely be Jones v Ghee for final spot as long as Hall is healthy.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

The Bengals need all the quality depth they can get at corner. Bringing back Pac Man was the right thing to do.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

3 year deal with a base value of $9 million for Green-Ellis according to PFT

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    3 year deal with a base value of $9 million for Green-Ellis according to PFT
    Solid back and a good pick up, plus i will always root for a former Hoosier footballer.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Think I'd rather have Pead. Better fit, just as good Speed Score and without all the baggage. Check out this piece originally from FO, it's a very good read and seems to do a pretty good job of predicting future success at the NFL level.

Bengals forum link

L. Miller - 212 pounds, 4.4 flat combine 40 - Speed Score 113.1 (Best speed score this season although T. Richardson didn't run)
    L. James - 194 pounds, 4.45 - 98.9
    I. Pead - 197 pounds, 4.47 - 98.7
    All this stated I think the best value at RB in all the draft will be Robert Turbin in the 4th round (he could go in the 3rd though I suppose).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

My ideal mock given who I think should be available. This includes re-signing the following.

OT Anthony Collins UFA Cincinnati Bengals (Supposedly re-signed haven't seen it reported officially anywhere yet)
    LB Brandon Johnson UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
    TE Donald Lee UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
    LB Manny Lawson UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
    WR Jerome Simpson UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
    DL Pat Sims UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent

1A - Cordy Glenn OG/OT UGA
    1B - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
    2nd - Harrison Barnes S N.D.
    3rd - Robert Turbin RB Utah St.
    4th - Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona
    5th - Keenan Robinson OLB Texas
    5th - Akiem Hicks DT Canada (via LSU at one point)
    6th - Adrien Robinson TE UC

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?