Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    2nd - Harrison Barnes S N.D.
    Nice one.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    OT Anthony Collins UFA Cincinnati Bengals (Supposedly re-signed haven't seen it reported officially anywhere yet)
    From Bengals.com ...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...4-4000f121a997

Updated: 8:15 p.m.
    After landing three starters and a veteran third cornerback, the Bengals shifted their free-agency focus Friday with deals aimed at shoring up depth and opening up next month's NFL Draft.

They announced the re-signing of a pair of first-off-the-bench backups in cornerback Adam Jones and tackle Anthony Collins, as well as the addition of Broncos defensive end Derrick Harvey, and indications were they are pursuing re-signing defensive tackle Pat Sims. Also Friday, the Bengals agreed to terms with Colts defensive end Jamaal Anderson, the eighth pick of the Falcons in 2007 who visited last week after his career-high three-sack season in Indianapolis. An announcement of the deal could come Saturday.

Bengals have also re-signed Pat Sims today

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals have also re-signed Pat Sims today
    Hes not a big name player, but you could tell the difference in the run defense after he got hurt and couldn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Hes not a big name player, but you could tell the difference in the run defense after he got hurt and couldn't play.
    Yep, he gets a effective push, and clogs things up enough. I don't think they have completely replenished the d line, but they are close. Factor in better health for Dunlap, they are probably better moving forward.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Amobi Okoye is scheduled to visit after the owners' meetings. Another former 1st round pick... COINCIDENCE?!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Amobi Okoye is scheduled to visit after the owners' meetings. Another former 1st round pick... COINCIDENCE?!
    I remember thinking at the time I would stay as far away from Okoye as possible in the 2007 draft. They guy was just a kid, graduating early and is only now 24 years old. It may be a very good signing because he may just be maturing into a NFL caliber football player. He was drafted at 19, the age when most 19 year olds are entering their Soph year in college.

Nice one.
    I have no idea why I named him Barnes, it's Smith obviously.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Ahem...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=48

BTW, I would put CB fourth on the priority list.
    Thought I'd put this here since it's more Bengals related. While I might agree it's not necessarily as high an immediate priority as OG or Safety perhaps even WR (I say nec. because it can go either way) there's great value in this area of the draft and if you are gonna draft a CB at all it's wise to do it in the 1st 2 rounds, the odds are much better for success at that position the earlier the pick. And you have to look at the position not just in the short term but also the long. Though an argument could be made for the short term as well. Hall's injury, and the fact we have only 1 corner with good top end speed (Allen) to cover downfield.

After '12 we have 2 corners under contract Leon Hall and Jason Allen and Halls injury brings some doubt as to whether or not he can rebound.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 03-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Manny Lawson signed for 1 year. I'm ok with that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ted-1year-deal

GL

Assuming DeCastro is taken before 17, how would you rate this mock?

R1, 17 - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    R1, 21 - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
    R2, 53 - Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (OH)
    R3, 83 - Marvin Jones, WR, Cal
    R4, 116 - Terrell Manning, LB, N.C. State
    R5, 156 - Jae Howard, DT, Florida
    R5, 166 - George Bryan, TE, N.C. State
    R6, 191 - Scott Wedige, C, Northern Illinois

Note: If by some chance he does fall to us, I have Gilmore at 21, Brian Quick in the 2nd, and Isaiah Pead in the 3rd. Everything else remains the same.

15 days in jail and 3 years probation for Simpson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-days-in-jail/

Wouldn't be too surprising to see the Bengals draft two WRs early.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 04-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Bengals have released Chris Crocker today

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x5dp42

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Bengals have released Chris Crocker today

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x5dp42
    And signed Jacob Bell OG via St. Louis

PER PFT
    The Cincinnati Bengals continue to bring in new pieces to a team that was an unlikely playoff participant in 2011.

Per a league source, free-agent guard Jacob Bell has agreed to terms on a one-year deal.

Bell fills the roster spot that was created when Nate Livings left Cincinnati for Dallas in the early days of free agency.

Bell spent his first four NFL seasons with the Titans before joining the Rams as a free agent in 2008.

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?