Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Why wouldn't they, they have passed on every OG they have ever came across in the 1st round. HoF's abound and they have never touched one.
    I know. I am depressed thinking about it. They always think they can coach these guys up........like having Jerry Narron trying to coach up a team is what Alexander is to me....as an OL coach.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Depending on who does these mocks, I have seen the good corners off the board, or I have seen the guards off the board, or the defensive linemen off the board, or the wide receivers off the board. In regards to the visits, I think the Bengals are just doing their homework, because they have so many different scenarios that could play out. The best advice for each pick is to take the best available player. I don't think any of us would mind if they end up with two of DeCastro, Glenn, Brockers, Floyd, Barron, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Richardson, Wright, Upshaw, or Poe. The only things that would drive me crazy is if they take any running back not name Richardson in the first round, or a receiver not named Floyd or Wright.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Why wouldn't they, they have passed on every OG they have ever came across in the 1st round. HoF's abound and they have never touched one.
    Hall of Famers abound? Since the Bengals entered the league in 1968 only six guards drafted have made the hall. Three were off the board before the Bengals even picked, one slid to the third round so everyone missed on that one, and they passed on one to pick Isaac Curtis, who worked out pretty well. The only real screwup was taking Rickey Dixon (ugh) at #5 in 1988 when Randall McDaniel went at #19. The Bengals have made their share of draft mistakes, but I can't get too upset about the lack of first round guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Hall of Famers abound? Since the Bengals entered the league in 1968 only six guards drafted have made the hall. Three were off the board before the Bengals even picked, one slid to the third round so everyone missed on that one, and they passed on one to pick Isaac Curtis, who worked out pretty well. The only real screwup was taking Rickey Dixon (ugh) at #5 in 1988 when Randall McDaniel went at #19. The Bengals have made their share of draft mistakes, but I can't get too upset about the lack of first round guards.
    Ok so plenty of pro bowlers then huh? I think you get my drift they don't draft OG's in the 1st no matter how good they might be.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Depending on who does these mocks, I have seen the good corners off the board, or I have seen the guards off the board, or the defensive linemen off the board, or the wide receivers off the board. In regards to the visits, I think the Bengals are just doing their homework, because they have so many different scenarios that could play out. The best advice for each pick is to take the best available player. I don't think any of us would mind if they end up with two of DeCastro, Glenn, Brockers, Floyd, Barron, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Richardson, Wright, Upshaw, or Poe. The only things that would drive me crazy is if they take any running back not name Richardson in the first round, or a receiver not named Floyd or Wright.
    Not crazy about a few of those guys but I agree mostly. But I just hate to see them go and draft a position that we have some potential answers at only to skip viable options at positions we don't have many/any answers. But not just the visits but the fact they have signed a couple of potential "pass rushers" (Anderson, Harvey) and have checked in/offered on some others (Wimbley, Okoye), they very clearly are trying to get all they can. I do think it's all about how things develop as Kuechly, Barron and perhaps Floyd could make them go away from DE in the 1st if they drop but if not I think they go DL and CB.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Bengals so far have brought in C/G Konz, WR Sanu, DT Brockers, LB Kuelchy, LB Upshaw, and WR Floyd for visits. They also gave RB Wilson a private workout as well. It still is pretty early but suprised they haven't brought a CB in for a visit yet. Still thinking they lean CB at 21 and hope Kuelchy or Floyd drop to 17. I look for them to take Sanu or Wilson in the 2nd to round out a pretty good first two days.

Not the first time I have heard Konz's name thrown out there either. Rumors have it the Bengals love the kid. Plus Alexander loves guys who are versatile and play multiple line positions. Can't say I would love that pick if it happens.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Bengals so far have brought in C/G Konz, WR Sanu, DT Brockers, LB Kuelchy, LB Upshaw, and WR Floyd for visits. They also gave RB Wilson a private workout as well. It still is pretty early but suprised they haven't brought a CB in for a visit yet. Still thinking they lean CB at 21 and hope Kuelchy or Floyd drop to 17. I look for them to take Sanu or Wilson in the 2nd to round out a pretty good first two days.

Not the first time I have heard Konz's name thrown out there either. Rumors have it the Bengals love the kid. Plus Alexander loves guys who are versatile and play multiple line positions. Can't say I would love that pick if it happens.
    Trumaine Johnson, though some regard him as strictly a future safety.

Link

--Woody Hayes

Possible Keith Rivers to NY Giants deal going down. Lots of smoke and no one seemingly trying to distinguish the fire. Some speculation that it could be a package deal Rivers+ possibly a 1st rounder for Osi Umenyiora. Several links linked from this thread on Bengals.com.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=97512

--Woody Hayes

. Some speculation that it could be a package deal Rivers+ possibly a 1st rounder for Osi Umenyiora. [/URL]
    The Bengals aren't trading a #1 pick for a 30 year old defensive end with one year left on his current contract. At least I hope they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Bengals aren't trading a #1 pick for a 30 year old defensive end with one year left on his current contract. At least I hope they wouldn't.
    Who was hurt last year IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I agree, that speculation came from a Giants fan, I figure Rivers plus a mid round pick, maybe a 4th or 5th rounder we do have 2 5th's.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Who was hurt last year IIRC.
    PFT Link

Osi Umenyiora “out a while” with ankle injury
    Posted by Michael David Smith on November 29, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT

A whole lot is going wrong for the New York Giants right now, and we can add Osi Umenyiora’s injury to the list.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that a source said Umenyiora is going to be “out a while” with an ankle injury.

Umenyiora suffered a sprained ankle in the second quarter of the Monday night loss to the Saints, and it didn’t initially appear to be serious. But during the game the Giants changed his status from probable to return to out for the rest of the game. And now he’s apparently going to be out for quite a bit longer.

Although injuries have been a problem this season, Umenyiora has played in eight games this year and is second on the team with seven sacks. His absence will be another major hit for a team that has spent most of the season in first place but now has an uphill battle to get to the playoffs.

--Woody Hayes

Terrance Newman signed with the Bengals today reuniting him with Zimmer. That puts Hall, Clements, Allen, Newman, Jones, and Ghee on the roster at CB. Bengals may look later in the draft for a CB.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

How about Rivers and a 4th or 5th for Osi. That I'd do. No thanks if the pick is any higher than a 4th.
    Go BLUE!!!

Bengals got the last pick in the 5th round for Rivers.

Turn Off Ads?