Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

I'd like to see the Bengals nab McNutt today. Good fit for the WCO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The lack of a running game may kill this team next season. While they've had a great 'BPA' draft, they did not address the need at RB with anything of quality.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The lack of a running game may kill this team next season. While they've had a great 'BPA' draft, they did not address the need at RB with anything of quality.
    They've seriously upgraded the interior of the offensive line. Also, the Law Firm is a notable upgrade to Benson according to analytical sites like Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders. The Bengals redzone offense was in the bottom third in '11 and with the upgrades to the OL, RB, and WR they should get to at least league average. I guess they are banking on Scott to be the home run threat which is a little concerning, but there may be a guy or two become available in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The Law firm is an upgrade over Ced.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

With the two new corners drafted, I wonder if Terrence Newman gets a look at free safety...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Well I certainly hope the running back situation is improved, but I always sort of saw BGE as a glorified 3rd back who was put in a position to succeed in a good Pats system. Hopefully some of the positive feelings about the upgrades to the line and BGE all end up working out.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

The Bengals picked up Dan 'Boom' Herron from tOSU at the end of the draft so the running game did get a little bit of help today.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Bengals signed Vontaze Burfict. Perfect ending to a very nice draft.

He could be Odell Thurman Part II - for both the right and wrong reasons.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    With the two new corners drafted, I wonder if Terrence Newman gets a look at free safety...
    I was thinking Jason Allen or even Clements could get a look at safety. Unfortunately we still have a pretty sizeable hole at SS.
    Go BLUE!!!

NL Central champs

The Bengals signed Vontaze Burfict. Here are other undrafted free agents they are looking at:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/4/28...signings-chart

By the way, Mel Kiper Jr. gave the Bengals an overall grade of an A- on the draft. A better grade than every other team in the league not named the Eagles or the Bucs.

Best Bengals draft I have ever witnessed (started watching in '95). That might be a bit of faint praise to some but we have held our own IMO since Marvin got there. We have just refined our approach to include better character the past few years.

A++
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

It almost seems as though the Bengals are building a respectable organization and a good team with a very good foundation from recent drafts... What the heck happened? I'm working on the assumption that Mike Brown has infact slipped into a coma and a look-alike has taken to making public appearances. This is much like the theories that were flying around about North Korea.

In all seriousness, I really think the Bengals had a very solid draft. Their strategy was spot on what I think it should have been. I don't buy into the idea that they needed a RB in the draft. The Bengals have really seemed to show some serious signs of turning things around. It will take a while to declare it a complete change in philosophy for me, but you can't argue that things haven't been different. I'm very encouraged, and cautiously optomistic that these changes do mean something.

"So Fla Red"

Great draft with a bunch of 100% football players that won't be fun for anyone to go up against for the next few years. Finally the Reds and Bengals seem to be ready for a multi year run with a commitment to winning. The perception of where the Bengals were in the summer of 2011 until now nine months later is simply mind boggling.

Now have to figure out a way to make it up to a game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Best Bengals draft I have ever witnessed (started watching in '95). That might be a bit of faint praise to some but we have held our own IMO since Marvin got there. We have just refined our approach to include better character the past few years.

A++
    and then we went and signed Burfict.....just silly if you ask me....why in the worl d do we even think of bringing this guy in? He might work out, but I see problems with this guy, there is a reason he had 1st round talent and was not even drafted by anyone...not even sniffed....didnt even get a interview. guy is a walking disaster and a cancerous one at that....I seriously thought Marvin and Mike was moving towards getting good character players up till they signed this moron. we shall see what happens.

Turn Off Ads?