Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax Season

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Tax Season

Are you like me, friends?

Are you one of the millions of Americans who filed their taxes early this year only to discover its going to be a long wait? Due to an apparent system glitch and the awesome idea of updating security software at tax season, I am still waiting on my refund.

Initially, i was told that my refund would get deposited on the 11th of Feb then it changed to the 15th, then the 26th then they said they had no record of my tax return, now they're telling me it's going to be in March.

Anybody else having this kind of fun?
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tax Season

I think so, I've filed federally, saw some notice about delay in refunds, but haven't paid attention. I think I was originally due this week, perhaps next. I guess if its mid march I'll survive. Just wish that the times in the past when I've owed money at season's end, and have delayed filing until the begining of april to hold on to that money as long as possible, that there would have been a glich to allow me to hold on to the money uncle sam tells me I owe them a few weeks longer.

so reading this prompted me to actually check. Last time I tried the site wasn't working for whatever reason. It says me check is scheduled to be mailed today, which is about the time frame that H&R block told me they'd send it out when I filed. It says if I don't see it by the 21st of March to file a report or something. Perhaps if you check again your check is in the mail. Or are you having it directly deposited? Perhaps that's allowed mine to role on the original time frame. Didn't feel like paying the extra fee to have it directly deposited, I'm cheap like that.
    Last edited by medford; 02-22-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Nerdvana Annihilation

I guess I got lucky.

I filled 2/11/2012 and got my refund yesterday 2/21/2012. Did it through turbo tax.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I used TurboTax to e-file on 2/5, and my refund is scheduled to be direct deposited tomorrow hopefully.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

I did Turbo Tax, Jan 31st. Got my refund Feb 15th. Sounds like I got lucky.
    Let's make some noise!

What is this refund you speak of?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I did mine about Jan 31. No problems for me. I used Tax Slayer. My refund was very small so that may have had something to do with it too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I hate taxes.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Taxes are a pain these days. I don't even know what a refund is. I gave those up when I became self employed, but I think soon I'm going to make myself an employee of my corporation and take taxes out of that pay to make the burden a little easier come filing time next year.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I got over $6,000 back this year. My wife and I had them hold out extra each check and we also had over $16,000 in medical expenses so were were able to itemize and take a larger deduction. Usually we only get about $1,000 on the federal return.

Paid off my car and both credit cards.

My return took about two weeks to process, got it last week. Still waiting on the state return though.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

We are getting a refund this year. One of the benefits of my free lance income decreasing was that my wife's withholding completely covered the tax due. One of the downsides is that I didn't make any money. Thankfully I'm going back to the world of the traditionally employed on Tuesday and will not have to worry about 1099s much longer.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Finished my taxes yesterday. Did my company's a week ago.

Used to be that brokers had until Jan 31 to deliver 1099-INT, B's and DIVs. Now its Feb 15 and much more complicated due to the phase-in of cost basis reporting (brokers will now report the original cost of your investments to the IRS, and not only the sales of them).
    For those who have investments, things got more complicated.

Hopefully with some better planning, I can reduce my tax bill next year.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Bought 2 rental properties this year. First time I've never been able to do my own taxes. That depreciation stuff gets deep.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Bought 2 rental properties this year. First time I've never been able to do my own taxes. That depreciation stuff gets deep.
    Wait till you sell them.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Taxes are a pain these days. I don't even know what a refund is. I gave those up when I became self employed, but I think soon I'm going to make myself an employee of my corporation and take taxes out of that pay to make the burden a little easier come filing time next year.
    You should be doing this. And clearly separating "company" and personal expenses.
    Plus putting away money in a company retirement plan (401k, DBP, Simple, etc). You get to put more away that way.
    The individual IRAs are only like 5000 a year.

Turn Off Ads?