Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Leatherpants grades the Reds' offseason

Leatherpants grades the Reds' offseason

Cincinnati Reds – Grade: A-
    Key Transactions: Acquired RHP Mat Latos from San Diego for 1B Yonder Alonso, C Yasmani Grandal, RHP Edinson Volquez and RHP Brad Boxberger; acquired LHP Sean Marshall from Chicago Cubs for LHP Travis Wood, OF Dave Sappelt and IF Ronald Torreyes; acquired IF Wilson Valdez from Philadelphia for LHP Jeremy Horst; signed RHP Ryan Madson, one year, $8.5 million; signed OF Ryan Ludwick, one year, $6.78 million; signed LHP Jeff Francis, one year, $2 million; signed RHP Andrew Brackman, one year, $500,000.

Bowden’s Take
    The Reds weren’t afraid to trade away four of their top 10 prospects this offseason, but the haul from those deals at the major league club was astounding. Latos is a potential No. 1 starter; Marshall is a shutdown left-handed setup man; and Madson is an impact closer. Ludwick was a solid midlevel free-agent signing who should add some pop in the small confines of Great American Ball Park. The Reds are primed to return to the postseason this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Leatherpants grades the Reds' offseason

Somewhat surprising considering the thrashing he gave the Latos trade shortly after it happened.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Re: Leatherpants grades the Reds' offseason

I have to admit Leatherpants has really surprised me here.

(I wonder if Kevin Mitchell knows he has forever branded Bowden as Leatherpants to Reds fans!)
    Last edited by brad1176; 02-23-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Turn Off Ads?