Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Braun wins his appeal of his 50-game suspension

Braun wins his appeal of his 50-game suspension

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Braun wins his appeal of his 50-game suspension

Hopefully because there was a mix up/error in the testing and not because some arbitration panel randomly decided not to enforce the rules.

If its the latter its bad for baseball. If its the former, its great for baseball.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I am sure this had nothing to do with the fact he plays for the team owned by the commissioner of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut View Post
    I am sure this had nothing to do with the fact he plays for the team owned by the commissioner of baseball.
    Neither Bud or his family have owned the Brewers in six years.
    Go Gators!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Hopefully because there was a mix up/error in the testing and not because some arbitration panel randomly decided not to enforce the rules.

If its the latter its bad for baseball. If its the former, its great for baseball.
    The decision was split, ergo no testing error.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

This doesn't surprise me. If tests are showing the highest level of testosterone of any athlete ever test, it tells me that it was a false positive.

For a couple months Dan Patrick has been saying that he knows something and thought there was a good chance it could be over turned. He wouldn't say why because it would be embarrassing for Braun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Obviously there was enough evidence for a split vote. I hope the deciding factor was something stronger than "chain of custody" -- unless you're alleging a plot to frame the guy, it makes no sense to reject the test outright based on that.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I had a feeling this would happen.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Neither Bud or his family have owned the Brewers in six years.
    Yeah, but there's no denying that Selig has a rooting interest in the Brewers. Whether that influenced this decision or not, I have no clue.

Wow.

The reason why it was overturned sounds very fishy and to me makes Braun look even more guilty.

The reason it was overturned was because Braun claimed that "the chain of possession" was broken at one point, which allowed for a possible tampering with the sample.

So Braun's argument is that he was framed.

Total BS if you ask me. Really disappointed with him getting off on a technicality.

I am convinced he's a juicer. His reputation is forever tarnished.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    This doesn't surprise me. If tests are showing the highest level of testosterone of any athlete ever test, it tells me that it was a false positive.
    Only that wasn't why it was overturned. It was overtured by a technicality. the result was not questioned.

He's a cheater plain and simple. No doubt in my mind.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    The reason why it was overturned sounds very fishy and to me makes Braun look even more guilty.

The reason it was overturned was because Braun claimed that "the chain of possession" was broken at one point, which allowed for a possible tampering with the sample.

So Braun's argument is that he was framed.

Total BS if you ask me. Really disappointed with him getting off on a technicality.

I am convinced he's a juicer. His reputation is forever tarnished.
    Good point. Just read the article, so of Kinko's was open an he had an elevated level of testosterone does that mean he wouldn't have appealed?

Also, does that fact pattern truly give someone 100% certainty that this ruling would be overruled, as he was apparently claiming for months?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Good point. Just read the article, so of Kinko's was open an he had an elevated level of testosterone does that mean he wouldn't have appealed?

Also, does that fact pattern truly give someone 100% certainty that this ruling would be overruled, as he was apparently claiming for months?
    The argument seems to be that the initial result was extraordinary but the sample had not been handled according to procedure. A second test, processed properly, was negative. Basically, Braun has tested negative 25 times and the one time he tested positive it was an usual result for a positive and was from a sample that wasn't handled in an acceptable manner.

It will be interesting to see what mlb says and if facts are released to help better understand the details.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?