Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Favorite/least favorite teams in all sports

Re: Favorite/least favorite teams in all sports

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I know what you saying about the LSU game, but I was one of the fans that said we lost, plain and simple. There are NO good losses, I don't care if you are the 0-10 team playing the #1 team in the nation, there is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING good about a loss. So in reality I could care less that WVU put up 500 and some odd yards against LSU because the end result was a Loss. Yes I have ZERO respect for MooU football, their fans gave me this snobbish attitude, I truly hate their program.

The FOJB was not 5 years too late, WVU would have dominated that game no matter the decade. The level of athletes from both institutions were and always will be on different levels. Its kind of like putting a Class A high school JV team against a Class AAA powerhouse, the outcomes will be predictable.
    You're probably the only one who said that. I've heard the LSU defense so many times from WVU fans it isn't funny. Not to mention the Fighting Dale Gribble's who claimed LSU was faking injuries to kill momentum.

Last I remember, Marshall put a scare into WVU back in 1997 in Morgantown. Marshall at the time was a QB factory with Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich while WVU fans were waiting for Don Nehlen to hang it up. Given how down WVU was during the late 90's and how successful Marshall was during that time, I believe Marshall would have likely won a game or two, especially in Huntington.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    You're probably the only one who said that. I've heard the LSU defense so many times from WVU fans it isn't funny. Not to mention the Fighting Dale Gribble's who claimed LSU was faking injuries to kill momentum.

Last I remember, Marshall put a scare into WVU back in 1997 in Morgantown. Marshall at the time was a QB factory with Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich while WVU fans were waiting for Don Nehlen to hang it up. Given how down WVU was during the late 90's and how successful Marshall was during that time, I believe Marshall would have likely won a game or two, especially in Huntington.
    Now I do believe LSU was faking injuries that game, but do I think it was a conspiracy against WVU, not necessarily, because I seem to see it in EVERY game I watch. Those dudes sell these injuries every chance they get to kill momentum, get a timeout, or just take a breather.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

You know what bugs me? Any fan base that has a sense of entitlement. I know that doesn't apply to every fan of a certain team, but there are those teams that have had a certain level of success and their fans tend to act like it's their God given right to win championships. I have a few friends who are UK fans and the attitude I hear is that if they don't win the whole thing this year then something's wrong; the sun rose in the west and God is no longer on His throne.

I know not everyone in their fan base is like that, and I'll have to admit that some of my fellow OSU football fans have been known to think like that (despite the small number of recent championships) but that attitude stinks and usually makes me root for that team to lose. I guess that comes from rooting mostly for teams that haven't had that level of success and I don't view a championship as a right but as an extremely exciting thing that doesn't happen that often and when it does you cherish it.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Well, now you won't have to deal with us anymore.
    Thank god.

Obviously late and it's been a little thread jacked, but whatever.

NCAA Basketball and Football:
    Favorite: Kentucky Least Favorite: Louisville

MLB:
    Favorite: Cincinnati Least Favorite: New York Yankees

NBA:
    Favorite: UK Players Least Favorite: LA Lakers

NFL:
    Favorite: Tennessee Titans Least Favorite: Pittsburgh Steelers

NHL:
    Favorite: Nashville Predators Least Favorite: Detroit Red Wings

Turn Off Ads?