Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds increased tix price..some how I missed that..

Reds increased tix price..some how I missed that..

Looking at what games to go to this upcoming season, I see the Reds "raised" the ticket price by $5 per seat for all games played on Friday and Saturday, now how did I miss that?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds increased tix price..some how I missed that..

Looks like I won't be going to any Friday or Saturday games.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Reds tickets are already pretty cheap, and you can bring your own food into the ballpark. Adding an extra $5 to weekend games is going to do nothing but help the payroll. I don't mind, I'll still happily go to weekend games knowing that my extra $5 could go towards extending Votto or BP.

throws 106. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Reds tickets are already pretty cheap, and you can bring your own food into the ballpark. Adding an extra $5 to weekend games is going to do nothing but help the payroll. I don't mind, I'll still happily go to weekend games knowing that my extra $5 could go towards extending Votto or BP.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I agree if Votto is indeed extended. I wouldn't pay $5 extra per game just to keep Phillips without Votto.

I agree tix for reds are cheap, but somehow just missed that new "weekend" pricing guide they went to....

Seems reasonable.

Scalpers and the secondary marketplaces like Stubhub have already commoditized tickets prices, so it seems like this sort of dynamic ticket pricing is a natural progression. There is a big difference in fan interest for premium / weekend games so I don't think its unfair for the Reds to charge a premium for those tickets... the old idea that a ticket for a Tuesday night game in April against the Pirates is worth the same amount as a Saturday game against the Cardinals in July was insane.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Seems reasonable.

Scalpers and the secondary marketplaces like Stubhub have already commoditized tickets prices, so it seems like this sort of dynamic ticket pricing is a natural progression. There is a big difference in fan interest for premium / weekend games so I don't think its unfair for the Reds to charge a premium for those tickets... the old idea that a ticket for a Tuesday night game in April against the Pirates is worth the same amount as a Saturday game against the Cardinals in July was insane.
    I guess a fair question would be then why don't they lower the price of a ticket for a Tuesday night game in April against the Pirates in hopes of attracting more fans? Let me add this. We already know that the current price of a ticket for a Tuesday night game in April against the Pirates is not attracting the paying customer.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

If I were them I would do the thing the Cardinals do where the Pirates tickets are very cheap for example and when the Reds, or Brewers are in town they get significantly more expensive. I would also keep them at face value in season tickets packages though for really legitimate fans, that way they still have an opportunity to see good games by buying multiple games.

Nerdvana Annihilation

Actually I heard ticket prices were going to be based on who the opposing team is.

Teams like Indians, Cardinals, Cubs are going to be more $$ then tickets to see the Nationals, Pirates, etc.

The tour guy said this was the first time the Reds where doing this. I am not talking about the "Premier" games either.

cheapskates...

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I guess a fair question would be then why don't they lower the price of a ticket for a Tuesday night game in April against the Pirates in hopes of attracting more fans? Let me add this. We already know that the current price of a ticket for a Tuesday night game in April against the Pirates is not attracting the paying customer.
    Totally agree. While I get that teams don't want to upset season ticket holders by heavily discounting some of the least desirable games, I've always thought that doing so would be good business decision. Even if you're selling seats at half off, you're still generating more revenue than if the seat was empty and that doesn't even take into the consideration the increase in concession and merchandise sales.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Looking at what games to go to this upcoming season, I see the Reds "raised" the ticket price by $5 per seat for all games played on Friday and Saturday, now how did I miss that?
    Shows that they recognize the demographics. Cincinnati is a blue collar town full of hardworking people. Most people I'm sure are in bed before the games end on weeknights, which is why weeknight games have light attendances.

Turn Off Ads?