Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #38 prospect?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • RHP Alejandro Chacin

0 0%
  • RHP Jonathan Correa

1 3.57%
  • RHP Vaughn Covington

1 3.57%
  • 2B Brandon Dailey

0 0%
  • LHP Ismael Guillon

2 7.14%
  • SS/2B Devin Lohman

0 0%
  • RHP Wes Mugarian

0 0%
  • RHP Brian Pearl

0 0%
  • UT Cody Puckett

1 3.57%
  • RHP Josh Ravin

3 10.71%
  • RHP Dan Renken

3 10.71%
  • RHP Sal Romano

4 14.29%
  • RHP Dan Tuttle

4 14.29%
  • IF Chris Valaika

9 32.14%
  • RHP Dan Wolford

0 0%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%

Thread: Who is Redszone's #38 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #38 prospect?

#1 C Devin Mesoraco
    #2 SS Billy Hamilton
    #3 SS Zack Cozart
    #4 RHP Dan Corcino
    #5 RHP Robert Stephenson
    #6 1B Neftali Soto
    #7 OF Yorman Rodriguez
    #8 UT Todd Frazier
    #9 SS Didi Gregorius
    #10 2B Henry Rodriguez
    #11 LHP Tony Cingrani
    #12 OF Juan Duran
    #13 RHP Kyle Lotzkar
    #14 3B Gabriel Rosa
    #15 C Tucker Barnhart
    #16 3B David Vidal
    #17 RHP J.C. Sulbaran
    #18 OF Ryan LaMarre
    #19 1B Donald Lutz
    #20 OF Denis Phipps
    #21 RHP Tim Crabbe
    #22 RHP Andrew Brackman
    #23 LHP Amir Garrett
    #24 UT Brodie Greene
    #25 LHP Donnie Joseph
    #26 1B/3B Sean Buckley
    #27 3B Junior Arias
    #28 RHP Josh Smith
    #29 2B Ryan Wright
    #30 RHP Drew Cisco
    #31 OF Kyle Waldrop
    #32 RHP Pedro Villarreal
    #33 RHP Josh Judy
    #34 RHP Nick Christiani
    #35 RHP Drew Hayes
    #36 IF Juan Perez
    #37 LHP Chris Manno

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #37 prospect?

We just did 37!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    We just did 37!

I reported it to the mods. I really need to stop doing these in such a hurry.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Slacker!

Still going with Ravin's upside. Even if he winds up in the bullpen, right now he is a guy with a 94-95 MPH fastball as a starter (that touches higher than that) and a good breaking ball.

My head says Chacin or Brandon Dailey but by heart insists on a sympathy vote for Valaika. Somehow, I think he's better than he's shown the last couple years. The little I've seen of him, he seems like a competent player who can hang around the big leagues and maybe even do something.

I went Guillon probably more out of a misguided sense of I've always liked him and think he'll have a bounce back year. He just turned twenty, he's got good size, and he's left handed.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I went Guillon probably more out of a misguided sense of I've always liked him and think he'll have a bounce back year. He just turned twenty, he's got good size, and he's left handed.
    I've been voting Renken, but Guillon is next on my list.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    My head says Chacin or Brandon Dailey but by heart insists on a sympathy vote for Valaika. Somehow, I think he's better than he's shown the last couple years. The little I've seen of him, he seems like a competent player who can hang around the big leagues and maybe even do something.
    The problem with Valaika is that he is the definition of a replacement level player. I honestly think he is no better than someone you can pick up for the major league minimum easily at any point in free agency. He doesn't walk, he doesn't hit for power, he doesn't play defense and he has no upside. There is no way I would trade the slim chance that Covington becomes a major league pitcher for a replacement level player like Valaika. That being said, I wouldn't be infuriated about any trade for a player that is still left to be picked since we are so far down on the list.

Daniel Tuttle's candidacy brings to mind Jacob Johnson, who was on the ballot last time but received no votes. Tuttle (5th round) and Johnson (11th round) were both drafted in 2009, and it was Johnson who made swifter progress. He arrived in Dayton a year ahead of Tuttle, and produced comparably. The organizational coaches lauded his maturity and coachability. He was on the fast track. But he was hurt for all of last year, which has obviously affected the polling in his regard.

My question is: Does anyone know anything about his health status? Is he ready to go at 100 percent? If so, I think he should definitely be a factor at this point. After the 2010 season, I had him ranked as my #2 starting pitcher prospect, behind Aroldis Chapman.
    Last edited by mace; 02-29-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post

My question is: Does anyone know anything about his health status? Is he ready to go at 100 percent? If so, I think he should definitely be a factor at this point. After the 2010 season, I had him ranked as my #2 starting pitcher prospect, behind Aroldis Chapman.
    He should be ready to go soon, if not by the start of the season. He is throwing now and is on pace or very close to it, for being ready for opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He should be ready to go soon, if not by the start of the season. He is throwing now and is on pace or very close to it, for being ready for opening day.
    Thanks, doug. Do you know what the injury was?

Turn Off Ads?