Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three bold predictions- 2012

Three bold predictions- 2012

With today being March first (at least here in Illinois, for about 11 more minutes...) I thought that I would rekindle a thread that was a lot of fun last year, and even more fun to look back on at the end of the season.

So, what are your three bold predictions for 2012? Reds, MLB, anything!

Here are mine:

1) Votto wins his second MVP in a landslide over Kemp and Braun, and arguments about how this is certain to mean his departure from Cincinnati abound.

2) Reds win the NL pennant, exacting revenge over the Phillies in five games in the championship series.

3) Paul Janish sees no meaningful playing time at any point during the season, and is only seen in the Reds' clubhouse at GABP after September first- and even then, gets no more than 25 innings in the field or 25 at bats.

What are yours???
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Three bold predictions- 2012

Not sure what qualifies as bold so I'll increase the "boldness" as I go.

1. Ryan Ludwick hits 25 Home Runs and provides the 3rd middle of the line-up bat that the team has been missing.

2. Homer Bailey is sidelined for the season before Memorial Day with shoulder problems.

3. Matt Latos steps forward to become a true number 1 starter with an ERA below 3.00 with 20 Wins and 225 K's and becomes the Reds' first ever Cy Young Winner leading the Reds through the post season by outdueling Halladay twirce in the NLCS and Sabathia twice in the World Series.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

For those who partook in this thread last year, I think it would also be good to bring up your 3 bold predictions for 2011 just to see how they fared as well.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Next off season nobody complains about either Jay Bruce Homer Bailey OR Drew Stubbs.

Yeah. that's three.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Next off season nobody complains about either Jay Bruce Homer Bailey OR Drew Stubbs.

Yeah. that's three.
    If this happens, we'll have won the pennant.

1. Rolen wins comeback player of the year.

2. Votto wins MVP

3. Latos wins Cy Young.

I have a 40's theme:

1. Ludwick/Hesiey combo hits 40 HRs.

2. Madson has 40 saves.

3. Bruce hits 40 Hrs.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Reds fail to win 78 games

Devin Mesoraco hits under .200 the first two months of the year and is sent down for good.

Brandon Phillips causes major problems in the clubhouse daily because he is upset about his contract.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

1. Holliday wins the NL MVP, coming back from a odd injury year in 2011.

2. Wainwright earns a top 5 placing in the NL Cy Young voting and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

3. The Washington Nationals win the NL East.

1. Homer Bailey emerges as a consistent top 3 starter.

2. Votto signs ltc.

3. Chapman replaces Arroyo in the rotation by June.

Oh, one other prediction. Chris Carpenter will do something to make Reds fans angry and he is still finding ways to explain things to his son! Book it!!!!

1. The duo of Johnny Cueto/Mat Latos win 35 games.
    2. Scott Rolen starts 120 games and the Reds record in those games in 75-45.
    3. Albert Pujols fails a drug test; Prince Fielder goes down with a knee injury.
    Where we gonna go?

last year's predictions:

1) Bruce jumps out to a hot start, and makes the All Star team. Slows a bit as the season wears on, but still tops 35 homers and a .900 OPS.

2) Aroldis Chapman hits 107 on a juiced up scoreboard radar reading sometime in June or July. A segment of "The art of the game" with Chris Welsh is lated taped where Arolids explains his technique. Chris Carpentar's son is forced to watch.

3) Pujols is traded to the Yankees in by the trading deadline.
    So I kind of came close on #1. If meatloaf thinks 2 out of 3 ain't bad, he must think I suck. None the less, I'll take a swing again.

1) Latos, Cueto, Leake & Homer combine for 65 wins.

2) Chapmann never starts a game in cincy this year, but is invaluable out of pen down the stretch

3) Dusty Baker's contract is renewed around the all star break. The Redszone servers melt down 1 hour later.

1. Dislocated Cardinal fans get upset when the Cardinals games are bypass on ESPN and Fox for Angels games.

2. Molinda will again acts childish at a Reds Game. (not really a bold prediction, is it?)

3. Pujols' numbers will drop big time facing American League pitching/ballparks and the absence of his special 'vitamins'.

Turn Off Ads?