1. Mesoraco has a breakout season, and by the end of the season is slotted in between Votto and Bruce, finally giving the team the middle-of-the-order RH bat it's been seeking.
2. Homer Bailey wins 15+ games and finally stays healthy for a full season.
3. Scott Rolen gets hurt early in the season and is unproductive, but Walt swings a trade before the deadline to solidify the position.
1. The Nationals and Marlins aren't nearly as good as everyone believes they are, particularly the Marlins.
2. The Cardinals make the playoffs as a wild card team and are eliminated by the Braves in a one-game playoff as the Braves extract some revenge for last season.
3. The Pirates have their first winning season since 1889, and with a wave of prospects on the horizon, finally give their fans hope for the future.