Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marysville, Indiana Tornado 'Completely' Destroys Town

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Marysville, Indiana Tornado 'Completely' Destroys Town

We've always had them around here. 1974 was a bad year as well.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

One of the worst tornado's ever recorded (actually I think it was the worst until the one that swept thru alabama last year) was in Xenia, oh. 1974? 77? Somewhere in that time frame. I wouldn't blame global warming on these tornados, as much as some might like to. Ohio has had tornados as long as I can remember.

Sorry to hear the devastation to people mentioned on here. I can't imagine what that mother and her family is going thru emotionally at this time. tough, tough hand.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    One of the worst tornado's ever recorded (actually I think it was the worst until the one that swept thru alabama last year) was in Xenia, oh. 1974? 77? Somewhere in that time frame. I wouldn't blame global warming on these tornados, as much as some might like to. Ohio has had tornados as long as I can remember.

Sorry to hear the devastation to people mentioned on here. I can't imagine what that mother and her family is going thru emotionally at this time. tough, tough hand.
    This one: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Outbreak

It happened before I was born, but I've heard all about it as my parents' home near Louisville was destroyed.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Hey Reds fans,

The organization I run, Pitch In For Baseball (www.pitchinforbaseball.org) provides equipment to kids and communities in need. Last year, we made a major donation to the Little League program in Joplin, MO after tornados devastated that community.

If you know of someone who needs assistance, don't hesitate to give out our name. We'll do our best to help.

Regards
    David Rhode

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    The tornado that hit Henryville, Indiana was about 10 miles from my house. It completely decimated the town, including the high school. I went by there today to help and everything is destroyed.

My friend's wife had her kids in the basement in their three story house when the tornado hit. His wife was on top of the kids when the house collapsed on top of her. She ended up saving her kids (they didn't have a scratch on them) but had her legs crushed. One leg was amputated from the knee down, and the other was amputated from the ankle down. She is going to make it, though. It's a miracle that any of them are still alive.

The whole thing is just awful. Can't even describe it, really.
    So sorry to hear about your friend's wife, but glad she and the children made it out alive. My folks live in Milford and found debris in their yard from Henryville, which is about 130 miles away.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    So sorry to hear about your friend's wife, but glad she and the children made it out alive. My folks live in Milford and found debris in their yard from Henryville, which is about 130 miles away.
    That is truly incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    WOW. What debris was in their yard?

The tornado that hit Henryville, Indiana was about 10 miles from my house. It completely decimated the town, including the high school. I went by there today to help and everything is destroyed.

My friend's wife had her kids in the basement in their three story house when the tornado hit. His wife was on top of the kids when the house collapsed on top of her. She ended up saving her kids (they didn't have a scratch on them) but had her legs crushed. One leg was amputated from the knee down, and the other was amputated from the ankle down. She is going to make it, though. It's a miracle that any of them are still alive.

Just saw your friend and his wife on the CBS morning show. What a tale. I have no words beyond that. Wow.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    A paystub, among other things they couldn't pinpoint location on.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Just saw your friend and his wife on the CBS morning show. What a tale. I have no words beyond that. Wow.
    Really? That's awesome!

Joe (Stephanie's wife who got hurt) is the head baseball coach at Silver Creek High School here in Sellersburg and I worked with him last season as the JV coach. He is a really good dude and a great baseball coach. I don't know Stephanie that well, but she has always been super nice to me.

I'm glad this is getting out there. It's a tragic, but also great story.

Really? That's awesome!

Joe (Stephanie's wife who got hurt) is the head baseball coach at Silver Creek High School here in Sellersburg and I worked with him last season as the JV coach. He is a really good dude and a great baseball coach. I don't know Stephanie that well, but she has always been super nice to me.

I'm glad this is getting out there. It's a tragic, but also great story.
    Here's the story on The Weather Channel's site:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weath...egs_2012-03-06
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    People in Lincoln County were finding mail from West Liberty, KY. I might not be sitting here if the storm didn't fall apart short of Kanawha County.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

http://gma.yahoo.com/hero-mom-stepha...-abc-news.html

This her? Wow brave woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Here is an amazing up close video of the Henryville tornado. Warning: the camera guy swears alot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BPh3IRQGsAI
    Last edited by klw; 03-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Turn Off Ads?