Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 8

Re: Windows 8

I don't see the need to upgrade my desktop from Windows 7.

As for Vista, XP had its fair share of issues at launch too, but Microsoft updated it to the point where it became the standard OS for a decade. I think Windows 7 is what Microsoft originally visioned for Vista. Instead, they got there by releasing a new version instead of patching it.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Vista was a fine operating system, it's just that the early release didn't have the right drivers for people's legacy hardware, and this created a whole host of problems right of the bat, which is why it got a bad name. Windows 7 is just Vista with all the right drivers (and a couple UI tweaks to make it seem "new").
    That's a fair point, but I still think there is something to be said about running an OS like Vista on a laptop with only 256mb RAM. Thing seemed to have a mind of it's own when it came to loading up/shutting down certain programs, and the machine simply may not have been strong enough to properly represent what Vista was capable of.

Turn Off Ads?